HalfLife 2

HeXp£Øi±

Anyoune bought it yet or going to buy it? I preordered from Amazon rather than going through steam. PC Gamers December issue gave it a 98% and called it the greatest most complete game of all time. :wink2:

Can't wait.

Thinking about buying it, but after the hassles I had registering my copy of Half life 1 with steam I dunno whether I will or not.

Yup that GTA game looks awesome too, thats the problem, with so many great games out or soon to be released it's hard to know which way to swing.

My machine is too old, too slow and has not enough memory to play it :(

I WANT MY HL2 goddamit!!!

MrBishop said:
My machine is too old, too slow and has not enough memory to play it :(

I WANT MY HL2 goddamit!!!

What are your specs Bish? It doesn't take what most people think it does. Should play on a 1.2ghz machine with 256mb ram and dx7 compatable graphics card.

freako104 said:
Ill play it for you ;)

It's probably best if you do...God knows that I won't for a while.

Hex- I'm on what used to be a kick-ass toy...when i first put it together.

An AMD Tbird 800mhz. It's got a TNT2 soundcard, a Rage128, and 128mb of PC100 ram...no free DIMM slots...they burnt out when some new RAM arced (sp?) over and took out my old vid card, the two DIMMs and 2/3 of the available slots. :(

The rest of the system survived though...and that's a shame. It was a good reason to replace...but c'est la vie :(

ps...on a side note - my son is sitting on my lap as I type this..and he's looking at the :lol2: in the smilie box..and swinging his arms and going "banmg bang bang" :D

MrBishop said:
It's probably best if you do...God knows that I won't for a while.

Hex- I'm on what used to be a kick-ass toy...when i first put it together.

An AMD Tbird 800mhz. It's got a TNT2 soundcard, a Rage128, and 128mb of PC100 ram...no free DIMM slots...they burnt out when some new RAM arced (sp?) over and took out my old vid card, the two DIMMs and 2/3 of the available slots. :(

The rest of the system survived though...and that's a shame. It was a good reason to replace...but c'est la vie :(

ps...on a side note - my son is sitting on my lap as I type this..and he's looking at the :lol2: in the smilie box..and swinging his arms and going "banmg bang bang" :D

Zoiks. Must not be much of a gamer. :D You need some help upgrading that puppy Bish?

Ok have just finished playing half life 2, all I can say is awesome, graphics are smooth, well a lot smoother than hl1, lovely game play, a little slow on the loading of the levels.

But my biggest complaint would have to be no multiplayer option. I hope they work on getting this option up and running sometime very soon!
Apart from that an overall well polished game.

HeXp£Øi± said:
Zoiks. Must not be much of a gamer. :D You need some help upgrading that puppy Bish?
He'll be fine in 16 years ;)

Oh....you mean the pooter :D

I'm having trouble registering HL with steam.....says my CD key is duped :confused:

I've got HL2, just got to "We don't go to Ravenhold...". Loving the game so far, and the gravity gun is great fun. Could use a few more weapons, though.

Raven said:
He'll be fine in 16 years ;)

Oh....you mean the pooter :D

I'm having trouble registering HL with steam.....says my CD key is duped :confused:

Try looking here.

http://steampowered.custhelp.com/cg...D+key+&p_new_search=1&p_search_type=search_nl

my biggest complaint would have to be no multiplayer option. I hope they work on getting this option up and running sometime very soon!

There is a deathmatch mode that can be enabled through the console. Look on steamforums or hl2.net and people are talking about it. It's only a matter of time before Valve announces the multiplayer version of HL2.

I got my copy in the mail last week but the media was bad so i had to return it and i'm still waiting for another copy. :crying4:

Back