Halloween Costumes

tonksy

Updates?
We were invited to a costume party and had to go and get secondary costumes for the girls and costumes for us...man were the pickings slim! We could have gone downtown but....no.
Marlowe is going to be Ariel for Halloween. For the party and for school she is going to wear a spooky gothic-y vampiress costume entitled Spiderella.
Malory is going to be Tinkerbell for Halloween and Belle for the party and school.
I ended up with a Goldilocks costume and Rob is a Jedi Knight.

Professur

Light sabre .. you mean a rapier? No knights I ever heard of used a rapier. Wouldn't even scratch decent armour.

And what was your ex doing in GA shopping for halloween costumes? You'd think with Mardi Gras and all, Louisiana would have a much better selection for him to choose from.

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
My neice has always had the most amazing costumes ever. She was Poison Ivy, Sally (NMBC), that chick from Resident Evil, and some other characters. Her and her Mom are incredibly artistic so the costumes were flat out amazing.

So this year, her and 4 of her friends are going to a *Halloween Howler* featuring *Default* as the band that's playing that night. There will be 2 girls and 3 boys - so they were considering something like X-Men or Batman and his Foes.... I told her I'd ask here for some creative ideas. They need a *group* of characters that sort of go together - she wants to be Mystique, only not naked and painted on like Rebecca Stamos - but a body suit altered.

Anyone else have any cool ideas?

Borrow another girl, go to Goodwill, get some cheesy 70s duds, and be The Brady Bunch?

tonksy

Light sabre .. you mean a rapier? No knights I ever heard of used a rapier. Wouldn't even scratch decent armour.

And what was your ex doing in GA shopping for halloween costumes? You'd think with Mardi Gras and all, Louisiana would have a much better selection for him to choose from.

:hmm:

2minkey

bootlicker
my, er, 'domestic partner' as the jackal from 13 ghosts.

the headcage took a while, since i'd already packed up the bandsaw and whatnot for the move to seattle... just a hacksaw, drill, and pop riveter...

cage1.jpg

cage2.jpg

unclehobart

Its more of a flashlight with with freaky noises rather than a rapier. The getup is really nothing more than a floor length hooded robe. Next year I can add a cross and a turkey leg and go as Friar Tuck.

Aunty Em

Star Wars....:grinyes:

Starya

my, er, 'domestic partner' as the jackal from 13 ghosts.

the headcage took a while, since i'd already packed up the bandsaw and whatnot for the move to seattle... just a hacksaw, drill, and pop riveter...

cage1.jpg

cage2.jpg
Oooh, that's sweet...

Spirit

Kissy Goddess
As it turns out - they couldn't get the tickets to the Halloween Howler. THEN everyone bailed on her to go out with significant others (these are teens). So I don't know what's gonna happen now.