Hang gliding

Jeslek

Banned
Soo, I've never actually had an opportunity to do some hang gliding before, but my buddies and I are planning something for April when we finish our finals (and no, drinking is too boring). They might do a tandem jump (skydiving) and I will do a regular solo jump. However, we also want to do some hang gliding.

Hang gliding is much cheaper it seems, only about $100 (US) for a tandem glide. Does anyone have any experiences to share? This will be my first trip and I'm pretty anxious to go.

I'm also considering skydiving reading week, but so far none of friends feel up to jumping in the winter, even with the discount offered. :p

Last time I went hang gliding, I crashed and burned.......It was only a dream, but boy , it sure seemed real. :retard:

If I go, I'd do it from 12,000 feet. Standard height is 8,500 feet, but I prefer to mess about in the air. I just think it is going to be a tad cold.

I don't know if I'd like hang gliding or not. Doesn't seem to be much room for error.

sorry if i offended anyone, i'm really not an uncaring asshole, just a irrevertant mourning one. what happened today is very tragic. it's a great blow to the world when you read the bios of those astronauts. it really puts spaceflight into perspective, before today it seemed like a shuttle mission was a trip to the supermarket...

Not offended...That came in an email the same time you posted so I thought I'd throw it at you....:headbang:

Back