Happy Thanksgiving!

HomeLAN

To all the US posters. To the rest of you, I simply hope you have a good day. :p

I'll be back later, I've gotta go string the lights on my brother-in-law's christmas tree. Geez, things move right along fast.

pft... and you call yourself an American...

Any red-blooded prototypical yank has his Christmas lights up mere hours after Mothers Day.

I'm not a fan of the exterior stuff either. I like to keep my holiday stuff inside. The outside displays always seem to be some kind of holier-than-thou brinksmanship ... sorta like seeing who is best dressed in church.

I string the lights on the tree every year out here. It's tradition. They got a fake tree since the last time I was here. Fucking thing is 12.5 feet tall. I was getting vertigo putting the damned angel on the top.

I got a fake one for the missus the year we got married. 7' tall, and 6' diameter at the floor. Zero clearance underneath for presents either. Damn thing is a monster.

unclehobart said:
I'm not a fan of the exterior stuff either. I like to keep my holiday stuff inside. The outside displays always seem to be some kind of holier-than-thou brinksmanship ... sorta like seeing who is best dressed in church.
oh but a nice wreath hung on the gate or garage doors would look so lovely. i have one already.

tonksy said:
oh but a nice wreath hung on the gate or garage doors would look so lovely. i have one already.
No objections to small scale stuff. I'm speaking of that 'one house in 10' crowd that seems to try and turn their houses into a homecoming float with enough electricity draw to send the local power company into a cold sweat.

Remind me to send you some pics of here when it's just freshly snowed, and everyone's got that "spirit" (if you ask me, the spirit's coming from a bottle, but that's just my humble opinion)

Now, we have to be friends for a long time. It's gonna take me that long to get you up here in the middle of winter. And I'm not giving up until I've photos of you standing in a 5' snowbank.

Snow and neg temps are no problemo por moi. I would probably still be in shorts. Its the sunrise at 10 and the sunset at 2 that would throw me.

How was the trip up to the cabin after the BBQ? We never did hear the small details... fish? game? utter quiet?

I never got a hook in the water all year. Lucky fish. But next year, the deer are gonna have to watch their white tails.

Back