happy...

I wish passover would never end. Most of the foods work well with allergies. I get kosher coke, ketchup, cakes... Its the only time of year I can act normal.

They have a whole Kosher food section at the grocery store here in Hamilton Unc (all year round)...want I should have a little walk around it and see if I can find anything that you particularly crave?

There is a difference between mere Kosher and Kosher for Passover. I can get Kosher here but 2/3 of it has hydrolyzed soy and corn, soy and corn itself, corn starches, soybean oils, and corn syrups. I think it just has to be prepared under rabbinical supervision and cleanliness rules. Kosher for Passover is ultra hardcore rules denying all kinds of things like fermentable grains (corn) among other things. My kosher window is about 6 weeks long.

ic...well, next time I go to the grocery store I'll peek at some of the ingrediants in the Kosher aisle and see. There are ALOT of Jewish people around these parts apparently because I've never seen another grocery store with year round kosher products.

I think what he means is that there is Kosher and then there is Kosher for Passover....but there are companies that sell things Kosher for Passover yearround. Maybe your store is one of those.
If you pop in look for Geffen ketchup and read it's ingredients. That'll be a good one to test.

tonksy said:
I think what he means is that there is Kosher and then there is Kosher for Passover....but there are companies that sell things Kosher for Passover yearround. Maybe your store is one of those.
If you pop in look for Geffen ketchup and read it's ingredients. That'll be a good one to test.

I'll have a look in the year round Kosher aisle to see. There's Kosher for passover stuff all over the store the last few weeks but I'll check the permenant aisle :)

Geffen ketchup? I thought that was just a record company... maybe Dave Geffen is diversifying.

We do, I think he means his Kosher shopping window. But a several month old 2 liter tastes bad.

tonksy said:
We do, I think he means his Kosher shopping window. But a several month old 2 liter tastes bad.

Oh yeah, blah...

Poor Rob...it sucks when you are limited to what you can and can not eat. I know I was devistated when I thought I couldn't eat RICE, that pales in comparision!

I don't know what I would do if I had issues like this.....although I no longer eat shrimp, it makes my ankles swell and makes me thirsty like crazy. Every other shellfish is okay.

I have to watch mine for fear of a pancreas flareup. For awhile there, I was severely limited on my diet, and it sucked hard. I feel for ya Unc.

Happy Easter/Passover and all that. For the orthodox people such as myself (ukrainian, polish, greek, czech etc) we celebrate easter next weekend. In ukrainian tradition, we make pysanky, which are painted easter eggs. Here are two that I made as gifts, one for the bf's mom and the other for my aunt and uncle that are here from France.

Back