Hardy Boys / Nancy Drew

Jeslek

Banned
Did any of you guys and girls read these books? I started off on Hardy Boys, then changed to Nancy Drew, and then proceeded right into Hardy Boys and Nancy Drew Case Files :D I enjoyed it a lot.

I didn't read those but I did read "Encyclopedia Brown" books religiously. And Choose Your Own Adventure & Sweet Valley High books of course. :D

I used to read them all the time... but this was when I was in 2nd, 3rd, 4th grade, sometime around then. I started off with reading the Hardy Boys books in my elementary school's library... but those were from the 60s. I then read some newer, more updated Hardy Boys (they actually had a tape player in the van now!) and the Hardy Boys casefiles. I thumbed through one of those books a few months ago and couldn't believe how big the print was... probably 11-point or so which is humungous for a book like that.

They both read like they were writtne by the same person. About as fill in the blank as you can get, but to a 9 year old kid that never gets noticed. I still have a few HB books from my childhood.

I've been thinking about getting my boys a couple to see if they spark anything. They loved Encyclopedia Brown.

Back