Have tasers turned cops into pussies?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Professur

Every time I open the news, I see another story of a cop having tased someone who really shouldn't be considered a physical threat. A grandmother, a legless guy in a wheelchair ... and now

US deputies taze traffic dodging rogue emu

Big bird leads officers on 3 day wild goose chase

By Joe Fay

Sherriff's deputies in Mississippi were forced to taze an emu on Sunday at the culmination of three days of Dromaiusine mayhem on the highways of Scott County.

Scott County law officers were first alerted to a pair of rogue emus bothering traffic last Friday, but could not track down the huge flightless birds for two days.

On Sunday they finally cornered one of the emus on the I-20 on-ramp, where it was apparently "dodging traffic".

According to Wikipedia, "The Scott County S.O. are supportive healers of human despair and believe no job is too big and no responsibility is too small."

Emus on the other hand, can expect more direct treatment. So it was that Sherriff's deputies decided to surround the enormous traffic dodging bird, before tazing it then cuffing it.

Once they'd subdued the beast, officers deposited it at the Scott County Forest/Coliseum while they tried to trace the owner.

But if an owner is not found, we suspect the deputies will be enjoying a bumper Thanksgiving dinner this year.®

source

Is it just me, or have they gotten more than a little trigger happy with these things.

The old alternative to the gun was the baton...then the pepper-spray. They need a non-lethal way of stopping perps.

They need a non-lethal way to stop a 97 year old woman, or a guy with no legs? Are you fucking serious? how fucking inept do you have to be to need to stun a guy with no fucking legs to detain him?

What's really fun is when a cop thinks he or she is drawing a light, plastic Taser and instead draws a heavy, metal gun and fires away.

emu.jpg

Tasers are clearly being abused and they often have been lethal. Wrongful use of a taser should be treated similarly as firing your gun without cause.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back