Have you ever slept next to a baby?

I put my daughter in our bed early one morning when she was a couple of months old. After i drifted back off to sleep i was about to roll over in bed and something in the back of my mind woke me. I was just about to roll over on her. Scared the hell out of me and i never put her in my bed again. Of course now that she's almost four she's always climbing over us to get into our bed in the middle of the night.

we kinda did the family bed thing, with all the kids until they were roundabout's 4 years old...just got rid of Avery last week...

and sleeping entirely alone is sheer bliss!!!

there was a point where there was the 2 of us, 3 kids, and the cat in a queen sized bed :blank:

I've had my niece and nephew in bed with me when I lived with them and I didn't sleep because I was so afraid of rolling over on them and suffocating them.

had to share a bed with my 8yr old cousin one night whilst visiting other family, woke up on the floor with her foot in my face :grumpy:

Sharing a bed with an immediate family member isn't something I'd do. I'd rather sleep on the floor then. Or watch TV.

You know some people are fine sharing a bed in a non sexual manner, if you can't handle that then you're socially maladjusted or somethin :-/

.... or Micheal Jackson in disguise? :lol:

Yes I have with my neices and nephews but I was always afraid of suffocating them. With Katie I never did as she wasn't well enough, so I used to have her in the carry cot right next to me.

I had them all in bed from the day I brought them home...rolling over on them never happened, I did a lot of research on this over the years...babies and adults have instincts to stop that (the rolling over and the suffocating) happening as a rule.

I think it's the way it should be really, best for baby and mom. Looking at the animal kingdom and looking at the way it was done historically before 'polite society' became involved in life, and in those tribes which aren't affected by 'our' society as yet, it's the rule, the instinct, and in any case, it was my instinct.

*agrees*

I don't get the theory on letting a child cry in his crib so that he gets used to sleeping by himself either. That's just plain mean.

Back