headaches

tonksy said:
don't tell me this crap isn't contagious! half the damn people in marietta are spreading around this...giant collection of cooties. i can't get well it seems.
and you're serving food to people... :eek:

Well, Waffle House did have the worst performance of 10 national chains surveyed by Dateline NBC for food safety violations. They did the survey by looking over county inspectors' records for a bunch of selected counties across the US. Stuff like clogged drains, cooks touching raw bacon and then other food without washing hands in between, "cold" not being below 40 and "hot" not being above 140, stuff like that. Since criteria vary from county to county, they only looked for "major" violations which are pretty much the same anywhere you go. Denny's had the best performance. I don't remember the order bewteen that, but other chains surveyed include Chili's, Applebee's, TGI Friday's and Red Lobster.

(BTW, just to clarify, I'm not saying you're a walking health violation... just giving you a hard time)

Inkara1 said:
Well, Waffle House did have the worst performance of 10 national chains surveyed by Dateline NBC for food safety violations. They did the survey by looking over county inspectors' records for a bunch of selected counties across the US. Stuff like clogged drains, cooks touching raw bacon and then other food without washing hands in between, "cold" not being below 40 and "hot" not being above 140, stuff like that. Since criteria vary from county to county, they only looked for "major" violations which are pretty much the same anywhere you go. Denny's had the best performance. I don't remember the order bewteen that, but other chains surveyed include Chili's, Applebee's, TGI Friday's and Red Lobster.

(BTW, just to clarify, I'm not saying you're a walking health violation... just giving you a hard time)
dude. it's just a cold. and of course waffle house had a bad rating. it's open and packed 24 hours a day. when is this deep cleaning suppose to happen? besides, i can guarantee you that my waffle house is cleaner or just as clean as most peoples home kitchens. i want to see a dateline special that shows you how restaurants compare to you own sloppy kitchens. do you measure the temperature of your bacon at home? do you wash you hands fifty million times whilst cooking your own food? get a grip people. it's human beings cooking food for other human beings. of course it's gonna be a comedy of errors. it isn't fucking rocket science, it's goddamn scrambled eggs.

They did mention that with most chains, it was generally a few "bad apple" restaurants that brought down the rest of the company.

Inkara1 said:
They did mention that with most chains, it was generally a few "bad apple" restaurants that brought down the rest of the company.
yeah...but what do you expect? it's apparently hard to find good people to work in a 24 hour restaurant. all the decent folk wanna work days so you are letting the inmates run the asylum for the other shifts.

I've never run into any loonies at 2 a.m. at Denny's out here... but I have noticed that they're friendlier before the "up all night" menu goes out at 10.

At least you can see everything the cooks are doing at an awful waffle. You know they haven't spit in the food or dropped it on the floor.

Back