HELP

Bungi

Do any of you computer types out there know what the process 'srne.exe' is/does? It somehow got onto my other comp, which started doing weird things so I pulled it from the network... I've done a virus scan but nothing came up... and I can't find srne.exe on any of the process library type sites... any infomation would be apreciated.

Oh and I'm running WinXP on a Duron 1.2ghz if that's important.

Kawaii

srne.exe, you say... I don't have it... close down ALL programs, including firewalls, tray programs, etc, and check if it's still there. Btw, are you running Xp Pro or Home?

Edit: I did some research.... nothing on it anywhere. It's probably a virus, dialer, trojan, adware, etc... do a registry search for "srne.exe" and delete all registry keys that match. Start -> Run "regedit"
Press F3, type"srne.exe" hit enter. If it fiinds anything, press delete, and then F3 to continue searching.
Next, do a full-computer scan for it. Start -> Find... all files, all drives, "srne.exe". Delete the sucker!

Hope i helped. :)

samcurry

Screwing with the code...
Staff member
its a virus. i just had to wipe a comp to get rid of it. very pesky, hid itself somewheres i couldnt get it out of. :(

Bungi

samcurry said:
its a virus. i just had to wipe a comp to get rid of it. very pesky, hid itself somewheres i couldnt get it out of. :(
That doesn't sound promising, isn't there a less drastic way to get rid of it? :sick2:

Thanks kawaii, I didn't find anything in the reg, but there was a file called srne.exe that I deleted... and I'm running XP Pro.

EDIT: Sam, do you know what it actually does?