Here comes the thunder

PostCode said:
How far is Ft. Leonard Wood from that?
Is that where the wife is doing her Basic? Fort Lost in the Woods?

About 50 miles southwest of where I am.

Q said:
Aunty Em said:
Dave, a family friend, has offered to sort out my garden and turn it into a courtyard with raised flowerbeds and a pagoda.... NO GRASS! just paving and gravel..... I could kiss him... if he wasn't ancient! :lol:
Go Dave!!:trippin:
...you need some flowers in your life Aunty!

...the one thing I really hate about gardening is mowing the lawn....

We're going to transport the plants from my sisters garden into mine (as they're leaving the house), the pagoda and possibly the fish pond - she spent hours looking after them and won the "Colchester in Bloom" competition in 2000 and was highly commended last year. Mainly because it was built entirely from recycled wood. I want to try and recreat it or something like it in my garden as a tribute to her.

Aunty Em said:
...the one thing I really hate about gardening is mowing the lawn....

We're going to transport the plants from my sisters garden into mine (as they're leaving the house), the pagoda and possibly the fish pond - she spent hours looking after them and won the "Colchester in Bloom" competition in 2000 and was highly commended last year. Mainly because it was built entirely from recycled wood. I want to try and recreat it or something like it in my garden as a tribute to her.
I don't mind mowing the lawn...but after I broke 2 lawn mowers in about a month, we got a yard service :D ...and that guy weed whacked all my malibu lights to shreds:mad:

Transporting your sister's garden is a wonderful idea. I'd love to see some pics of the progress and the completed project.

unclehobart said:
Whos the bloke on the left? That medallion hes sporting has more filigree than Liberaches entire ensemble.

That was the Major of Colchester for 2000, (can't remember his name) they choose a long serving councillor or someone who has done great things for the town each year - that's his chain of office. :)

The people behind are councillors and local dignitaries. The garden competition is very hottly contested with hundreds of entries, to win it is quite an achievement. I'll have to get some of the pictures to show you what it was like.

The town as a whole has won the England in bloom competition several times. We get plenty of tourists in throughout the year - Colchester used to be the Roman capital of Britain. This is a link to the officail town site:

The Colchester Guide

The Stockwell Arms on the main page is literally just 100 yards from her front door (behind the photographer), was her local and where we held the wake. Her house is like that, a 16th century dutch weavers cottage. Why they call it a "cottage" I don't know because it's enormous with 3 floors. Parking is and always was a nightmare - fortunately I can get round it by using Katie's disabled badge to park on the street outside the house.

Back