Here's an interesting parental question...

The computer she is on is in the same room as us. The kids only play Nickelodeon-ish games. Besides, one has to be able to reasonably know how to read and type such concepts as 'fist-fucked badgers' into Google in order to get into the whole steamy underbelly of society.

unclehobart said:
The computer she is on is in the same room as us.

Not if you leave her at home by herself :hmm:

Several years ago my grandaughters were into Sailor Moon and I remember doing a search and all kinds of unintended sites came up,luckily they weren't in the room.I'm sure if you did a quick search for whatever is popular with kids these days ,you'd find some unwanted hits.:grinyes:

I have set all of the approved sites into their favorites bar. They just pull down the bar and click on where they want to go. I haven't taught them about google yet.

A.B.Normal said:
Not if you leave her at home by herself :hmm:

Several years ago my grandaughters were into Sailor Moon and I remember doing a search and all kinds of unintended sites came up,luckily they weren't in the room.I'm sure if you did a quick search for whatever is popular with kids these days ,you'd find some unwanted hits.:grinyes:

they've cleaned it up in yahoo, but Yuigo used to lead to a tentacle sex anime site.

Nice. Luckily they are fans of yuigo. Sometimes they wind up on a pay to play disney thing or a print screen but that's it so far.

Sounds like you're raising an independent girl? Right on!

I'm a paranoid and somewhat overprotective Mom.

I won't let him go to the park alone or with friends. I make sure he walks in front of me when we go out places instead of behind me. If he needs to go to the bathroom in public, I wait outside the bathroom, if he seems to be taking too long, I yell in there... *Hey Joey..* Paranoid? Over cautious? Yep. But I'd rather that than one day, he's missing, and I say to myself, *Oh God, why wasn't I more protective??*

SO - my general rule of thumb - if they can't over power an adult who is trying to take them away - they aren't ready to be left alone.

I remember being home alone after kindergarten, every day, waiting for my older sister to come home.

unclehobart said:
The computer she is on is in the same room as us. The kids only play Nickelodeon-ish games. Besides, one has to be able to reasonably know how to read and type such concepts as 'fist-fucked badgers' into Google in order to get into the whole steamy underbelly of society.
Avery's been searching boobs and sex for a couple years now if he gets hold of the puter with noone in the room. So...that was 5. Can't read, but can type boobs and sex. :alienhuh:

Well if Paul does the teachin's right
the kid will sonn have all the real T & A
he wants!

I ended up having to talk my kid into turning down gurls for SEX

"Mama don't let yer babies grow up to be Man-whores"

Back