Here's the top of the bottom

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
You are way too new here SnP. These threads never grow to several hundred views and tons of replies when we agree to disagree.

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
Maybe. But it's late, I'm hornier than a six peckered billy goat, Mrs. SnP is coaxing me from yon bedroom, and I just ain't got time to save the world from liberals tonight. It'll keep.

See y'all...duty calls. :la:

BeardofPants

A couple of interesting dialogues on marriage and same-sex unions:

Marriages
Same-sex marriages

I particularly like this:

Historic alterations in the customs and protocols of marriage give rise to the argument that marriage is dynamic and same-gender acceptance is the latest evolution of marriage. Some societies have from ancient times permitted spouses to have multiple concurrent marriages while many societies discourage this practice today. Having more than one marriage at the same time is called polygamy for men and polyandry for women. Marriages that involve more than two people at one time in a single act of matrimony are considered to be a "group marriage" and are even more rare.

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
Leslie said:
There are many traditions which have turned out to be utter crap.

However...if homosexuality is illegal in Ireland (it is), then, quid pro quo, homosexual marriage is illegal in Ireland. This isn't a 'leap of faith'. If you outlaw the practice, then anything dealing with the practice is also illegal. :winkkiss:

Professur

I believe I mentionned this exact issue during the first gay marriage in canada discussion here. Looks like I might have known what I was talking about, eh?