He's baaaaaack, and the MSM is once again covering his ass.

dunno what was in his heart, but he was smart.:p
Nobody's perfect, no matter how history painted um, 'cept Jesus, if you believe.

Cato- yes, indeed there is some wisdom in the bible- like "Do unto others as you'd have done to you".
But that's just common sense.
It is those snake-handling, "eye-for-an eye" zealots that scare us regular folks away from religion.
Imagine a little kid watching a woman with her eyes rolled back in her head, speaking in tongues, and having what appeared to be a seizure on the church floor, and told, "It's okay- she's just 'getting the spirit' "
If that's religion, y'all can have it. I'll stick to the spirits that come in a bottle!

Cato- yes, indeed there is some wisdom in the bible- like "Do unto others as you'd have done to you".
It is those snake-handling, "eye-for-an eye" zealots that scare us regular folks away from religion.
Imagine a little kid watching a woman with her eyes rolled back in her head, speaking in tongues, and having what appeared to be a seizure on the church floor, and told, "It's okay- she's just 'getting the spirit' "
If that's religion, y'all can have it. I'll stick to the spirits that come in a bottle!

I've always considered that a lovely sentiment that really doesn't hold up under close scrutiny. I do it, but I certainly don't expect anyone else to. I prefer "There are two kinds of paranoia, rampant and insufficient."

Wellllll .. back to the original post ...

There are differences of course in what he said (btw, where did you get the information on the exact quote of what he said?) and what the press reported. I don't think the press put any "spin" on it, however, I would have added that Wright was grossly ill-informed as to the historical events and failed to focus on the Japanese attack on American soil (American territory, whichever floats your boat). Basically what they reported was what happened. He focused on other atrocities.

Having grown up in a Lake Wobegon lutheran church, I feel like I'm in a Harikrishna cult when ever I see someone in the congregation raise their hands above their shoulders.

BTW, whatever happenend to the good old fashioned hymns? This new age crap drives me nuts. The music and lyrics are so boring. I can only sing "god is everything" about 25 times, then it starts to get repetitious!!!

Wellllll .. back to the original post ...

There are differences of course in what he said (btw, where did you get the information on the exact quote of what he said?) and what the press reported. I don't think the press put any "spin" on it, however, I would have added that Wright was grossly ill-informed as to the historical events and failed to focus on the Japanese attack on American soil (American territory, whichever floats your boat). Basically what they reported was what happened. He focused on other atrocities.

Glad you asked that question.

Listen to him yourself in his own words and in his own voice HERE. The quote from the thread header starts at 47 seconds into the video.

The Chicago tribune story from December 8 can be read HERE.

The quote from the thread header is the last paragraph of the story.

CBS Chicago got it right:

http://www.chicagobreakingnews.com/...nity-united-baptist-church-chicago-obama.html

"Any preacher who dares to point out the simple ugly facts found in every field imaginable is demonized as volatile, controversial, incendiary, inflammatory, anti-American and radical," Wright said, taking time out to note the thousands of Japanese civilians who died 67 years to the day when American warplane dropped an atomic bomb on Hiroshima. (Actually, Dec. 7 marks the day when the Japanese bombed Pearl Harbor.)

BTW, I think it would be interesting to send the Rev. Wrong over to Nanking China and see how much sympathy he can drum up for those poor suppressed Japanese.

Back