Hey, Atlantans!

chcr

Too cute for words
And those in the area. Looks like Ivan is hitting you guys pretty hard too. We're just getting rain and some gusty wind here. Let us know what's up when you can.

HomeLAN

Yeah, it's bad. A major band hit at rush hour. It was intersting watching tree limbs fly by on I-285.

40-50 MPH wind gusts. I've already had 4-5 inches of rain, and that much again is forecast. I just finished shop-vac'ing water out of my basement and getting the dehumidifier set up.

Anyone heard from Sharky? He's at ground zero.

catocom

I'm 'bout 50 miles NE of Atl.
I'm sure glad I have my generator right about now.
The power is still one here right now, but I'm getting reports from
some of my computer customers that power is going out all around me,
and it's been blinking pretty heavy here. Man I'm glad I bought those
extra upses too. I'm expecting the power to go any time now. :erm:

catocom

eh, not much to see at this point. It's now too dark.
When it was light enough here, it wasn't anything special, just
about as much wind as rain, and the trees whipping a little. :shrug:

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
That's why I feel so blessed for living 300km away from the coast and within a mountain belt.

IDLEchild

Yeah, its been tough....we've been getting hit with some pretty heavy sunshine and mild warm breezes here.....I almost got sunburned.

Fucking Ivan.

Be safe Sharky.

tonksy

we lost pwer at about 3ish yesterday afternoon. backyard hill was a flooding mess. rob had to walk around in it clearing debris so the water would drain. kids were upset by no TV, 'puter, or lights to color by. we had a nice, romantic candlelight picnic for four at the dinner table. all in all not so bad.
*worries for sharky

Mare

IDLEchild said:
Yeah, its been tough....we've been getting hit with some pretty heavy sunshine and mild warm breezes here.....I almost got sunburned.

Fucking Ivan.

Be safe Sharky.

I ditto that: Be Safe Sharky...... :sadhug:

chcr

Too cute for words
Here we had wind gusts to 40 or 50 mph and about 4 inches of rain. All in all it wasn't that bad. A lot of tree limbs down, but not so many in my yard. I'm sure we'll hear from Sharky in a couple of days. Most of those folks are still without power.

HomeLAN

We only lost power for about 2 hours. The basement is wet, but that's the worst of it.

According to the pool levels, we picked up 7-8 inches yesterday. If you don't have to go anywhere this morning, fellow Atlantans, don't. Debris is common, there is still standing water in a few areas, and traffic signals are out all over. Give it a few hours before you hop in the car.

catocom

HomeLAN said:
We only lost power for about 2 hours. The basement is wet, but that's the worst of it.

According to the pool levels, we picked up 7-8 inches yesterday. If you don't have to go anywhere this morning, fellow Atlantans, don't. Debris is common, there is still standing water in a few areas, and traffic signals are out all over. Give it a few hours before you hop in the car.

I noticed you put "this morning" in there. This is payday for a lot of people,
as I positive you know. ;) I'd have my chainsaw in the vehicle with me,
but I'd get to work. :D

HomeLAN

A whole hell of a lot of people get paid by direct deposit these days.

Besides, as long as you get it in the bank by 2, you're cool.