Hey geeeeeks....

Jeslek

Banned
Here is a dating outline... :D

Attachment(s):

geekflch.gif, 39.84kb

149_1034567859.gif

I think you've confused geeks with nerds. Definitely.

...'cause geeks rule :headbang: geeks are like normal people, except they're good with computers :headbang:

geek: a person often of an intellectual bent who is disapproved of

nerd: one slavishly devoted to intellectual or academic pursuits

Maybe a subtle difference, but the chart up there does say geek. :p And you are geeeeeks.

I feel sorry for people who have to ask girls if they like Starwars or computers to get dates :D

Whatever happened to geeks & nerds being the same thing & it was bad? Merriam-Websters needs to smack some people around. ;)

Ok, LL, so explain to me: I consider myself a geek; I know my way around computers quite well, I think geek jokes are funny, if I had a creditcard I would be wearing this, I even created an application which notifies me on my secondary monitor and using a 'hubba hubba' johnny-bravo sound that my girlfriend is online while I'm playing Mafia. There's lots of more examples of why I consider myself geek, but, I'm not a Star Wars fan, I never talk about computers to other people unless they share that interest, I have a girlfriend and I'm generally not disapproved of...

So, if you wouldn't define me as a geek (because you're geek-definition doesn't apply), what would you call me? :p. I think your definition of a geek would be more of a 'nerd-geek', a geek who has gone too far but isn't yet a nerd.

I think I'm going to raise funds for a complete scientific study on this matter :D

Psycho said:
Ok, LL, so explain to me: I consider myself a geek; I know my way around computers quite well, I think geek jokes are funny, if I had a creditcard I would be wearing this, I even created an application which notifies me on my secondary monitor and using a 'hubba hubba' johnny-bravo sound that my girlfriend is online while I'm playing Mafia. There's lots of more examples of why I consider myself geek, but, I'm not a Star Wars fan, I never talk about computers to other people unless they share that interest, I have a girlfriend and I'm generally not disapproved of...

So, if you wouldn't define me as a geek (because you're geek-definition doesn't apply), what would you call me? :p. I think your definition of a geek would be more of a 'nerd-geek', a geek who has gone too far but isn't yet a nerd.

I think I'm going to raise funds for a complete scientific study on this matter :D
The fact that you wrote paragraphs about this shows a lot...

geek[/siz]

General Protection Failure, the error message that used to be pretty common back in the Win9x days :)

Geeks are cool, they know about computers but also know how to have fun.

Nerds are the guys who wear the pocket protector and talk with a nasaly voice.

Back