Hey old folks! Music help, please?

tonksy

So I was dreaming last night and I was hearing a song I remember from my childhood the lyrics go like this:
"I am a man of my word and I'll do anything to get you in my world (maybe life) da da daaaa da da da over and over again do do doot do"
I tried googling it but it was unsuccessful. Perhaps because the song is old or perhaps the search words were too small. Anyone recognize it?

I guess I could....be a bit rude....Hi Squiggs! How've you been? Now about this song I've got running through my head...

What genre is it?

It kinda rings a bell in my head too, I probably have it around.

It was a song of my mothers so we are looking at 7-'s light pop...Seals and Croft, Ambrosia...that kind of thing.

The only one that immediately leaps to mind is "Got to Get You Into My Life" by the Beatles then Earth Wind and Fire, but I'd expect you to know that one.

Definitely not Barry White. Definitely. In facy it could be the BeeGees or that Gibb character solo.

this is hopeless and I'm the oldest one here

ya ain't givin' us enough to werk with

wheel have to get in yer head

(now that's a scary thought!)

Dunno if they are old enough, but perhaps a song by Cristopher Cross or Foreigner.

So I was dreaming last night and I was hearing a song I remember from my childhood the lyrics go like this:
"I am a man of my word and I'll do anything to get you in my world (maybe life) da da daaaa da da da over and over again do do doot do"
I tried googling it but it was unsuccessful. Perhaps because the song is old or perhaps the search words were too small. Anyone recognize it?

tonks, you should try this and see what happens.

my mom says the "over and over again" part (if you meant it as lyrics and not as a continuation of the "da da da's") could be "a woman in love" by barbara streisand, and that she'd think on the rest.

my mom says the "over and over again" part (if you meant it as lyrics and not as a continuation of the "da da da's") could be "a woman in love" by barbara streisand, and that she'd think on the rest.

That is what I thought too, and Tonks, if this is the song you would be right thinking of that Gibb person. She did a duet album with him and this song was on it.

"I am a woman in love and I'd do anything to get you into my world...."

Is this it???

Life is a moment in space
When the dream is gone
It's a lonelier place
I kiss the morning goodbye
Down inside, you know we never know why
The road is narrow and long
When eyes meet eyes
And the feeling is strong
I turn away from the wall
I stumble and fall