hey you people from Georgia

unclehobart said:
I would say about half do. I don't. HomeLAN doesn't. His wife doesn't It all depends on where you were raised. We were all highly educated suburbia types with no real accent to speak of. Kruz lives here but was raised in Buffalo, NY. He has a mild upstate NY accent.

I do when I'm drunk.

You have to remember that Georgia is really two states. Meytro Atlanta (including Lawrenceville) and the rest of Georgia. Atlanta's like any other big city. The rest of the state...well, isn't.

Thing that always cracked me up was the Pecan stands, most of the country pronounces them pa-cons, but to Georgians, they are Pee-cans. Up here in Missouri it's about the same way though, if you're raised in a city, you don't say y'all. Country boys can't say hi without it, I reckon.

PuterTutor said:
Thing that always cracked me up was the Pecan stands, most of the country pronounces them pa-cons, but to Georgians, they are Pee-cans. Up here in Missouri it's about the same way though, if you're raised in a city, you don't say y'all. Country boys can't say hi without it, I reckon.

I say Pee-cans

Pa-cons is for snooty nose in the air types IMHO :D

Scanty said:
I know Bob. He's a builder or something, isn't he? He can fix it, YES. HE. CAN.

:D :lloyd:

ROFLMAO (it is REALLY sad how long it took me to get all those letters in the right order).

My baby cousin loves him! :headbang:

Aunty Em said:
unclehobart said:
We were all highly educated suburbia types with no real accent to speak of.

A Yank without an accent? Now that's funny! :rofl3:

Got any goober peas?
I guess I do have the slightest bit of one... but I can't hear it in my own voice. I guess one cannot jump into a mud puddle without getting at least a little on him.

I havent been called a yank in many a day. Its connotations over here are very different than just being a general brit empire slang for 'merican.

unclehobart said:
I havent been called a yank in many a day. Its connotations over here are very different than just being a general brit empire slang for 'merican.

What makes you think it never meant that over here? After all your guys were hanging out with our chicks..... *Thinks* I could have been American - from Ohio!

I have a cousin named Bobbie Joe. She was named after her daddy.

I say 'reckon', and 'y'all'. What am I supposed to say, 'youse guys'? When they bring back the second-person singular pronoun (thou), we won't need to do weird things to differentiate betwee 'you' singlular and 'you' plural.

Aunty Em said:
unclehobart said:

What makes you think it never meant that over here? After all your guys were hanging out with our chicks..... *Thinks* I could have been American - from Ohio!
chick? I thought it was bird o'er there on your side of the pond.

Back