Hi, back again!

Shadowfax

<b>mod cow</b>
Hi everybody, I'm back again!
Have been to France for a week, see a lot, but also have been lying around on the beach :D

Flew back from Bordeaux to Amsterdam just a few hours ago :)
Damn, flying airplanes rocks! It keeps amazing me everytime!

Anyways, glad to be back again! I have a lot of catching up I can see :D

Good, them damn Brits started agreeing with me, and I need to argue with someone. Welcome back! :D :headbang: :headbang:

:D :D

I'll make this place a little more controversial again....as soon as I have gotten some sleep :)

Beware! Tomorrow I have all day to read posts and I'll be awake :headbang: :headbang:

Glad you had a nice trip shadowfax....Im jealous i couldnt go someplace like that.

good to see you buddy hope yo had a nice trip. ive never been to europe so can i ask if its a nice place to visit(or at least is france and britian and germany?) take care and post lots. and dont forget to offend ;)

In my experiences, countries I liked most, from best to worst:

Switzerland, THE BEST!!
Austria
Italy
Britain
Hungary

Parts I didn't like, in no particular order:

Netherlands
France
Belgium
Germany
Norway

If you ever get the money and time, spend two or three weeks in Switerland. Just about any time of year. The country side is absolutely amazing, and the people are very friendly even if you speak English and carry an American flag on your backpack. Just don't be loud. :D

If you go to Italy, bring ear muffs. The women are loud.

Also good is the northen part of Britain... especially Scotland. Those green fields.... so beautiful.

The above are my experiences in my travels, and just that: and opinion.

Outside of Europe, I can give a few pointers too...

Malaysia - Very nice country, Muslim but fairly Western. Their vacation islands are absolutely stunning, especially Lankawi on the west coast. Avoid the east coast during the Monsoon season, it rains, and rains, and rains.

Singapore is expensive, but the shopping is great! And the Singapore Zoo is unique in the world :) Very clean country though, and not much corruption compared to Malaysia.

Thailand is a MUCH more free place, and the island I visited (Phuket) was very beautiful. The local currency is rather worthless and things are fairly cheap. Beautiful beaches though.

Saudia Arabia, well, avoid this place. Hot, and hot, and hot, and they have have odd laws for foreigners... And the government is a bit corrupt, and don't piss the Mutawwa (religious police) off... they do NOT like foreigners.

United Arab Emirates are more open, nice shopping, but still very hot. Better than Saudi Arabia IMHO.

Israel is a very beautiful country, but I don't think I would go there right now.

Egypt is also fun, but driving there is horrrrible (from what I remember).

Avoid India, very very very very dirty place. Seeing someone take a crap on the street isn't unusual, and there are too many cows to my liking. And it stinks.

I've never been to South America, Australia, or Antarctica. :( I fear I won't be travelling much for the next 6 or so years.

Where the hell did you get all the time and money to go to so many places, LL? :eek:

I thought you were a poor student :D

Ardsgaine ~ I'm not 100% sure of what that says, my French sucks...but I pretty sure the answer is NO :(
Not this year...:(

I have only been to Germany but I absolutely loved it. Southern Germany was absolutely GORGEOUS!

LL: Maybe if we end up meeting up sometime I will have to pretend to break up with brainsoft, seduce you, then get you to take me to all those places! :D

Let me clarity, I didn't like northern Germany. Bavaria was better. Driving in Bavaria is INCREDIBLE (at least according to my father). People actually have DRIVING skills over there.

My parents travelled, and they took us with them. I missed a lot of school, but it didn't bother me... I could do what schools do in 2 months in 2 days. I like travelling, but I haven't travelled the USA and Canada as much as I want to, and I have never been to Mexico (sorry Luis). As soon as I have more money I'm going to take a month and drive... drive all over.... Northen Dakota, Southern Dakota, Manitoba, Saskatchewan.... I so want to see the Black Hills and Mount Rushmore. :)

Shadowfax said:
Ardsgaine ~ I'm not 100% sure of what that says, my French sucks...but I pretty sure the answer is NO :(
Not this year...:(

Heheh. It was 'how did you find the French girls?' But I take it from your answer that you found them unaccomodating. ;)

Ardsgaine said:
Heheh. It was 'how did you find the French girls?' But I take it from your answer that you found them unaccomodating. ;)

:D

The vacation was a little short for more...well....pleasure with those kind French girlies....
I really had a lack of social contact this week :(

I have to get out more often instead of sitting here :D

eeew. Justintime, that's disgusting.
But I can assure you they do. They've learned a lot in the past 20 years or so...then even (try) to speak English sometimes! :eek:

Back