History Paper Complete

FluerVanderloo

It's due Tuesday. I think I did alright, considering it was a little tough. The sources I used were the only ones I was allowed to use.

Got a 99% on the last test I took in this class, so hopefully I have that same streak kicking.

I sure do hope the turnitin.com spider doesn't find your paper between now and Tuesday and flag it, resulting in your paper being accused of plagiarizing off your paper.

That's what the spider's for, roaming the internet to add to turnitin.com's database. Then the instructor will submit the papers he or she gets to turnitin.com. The only way you can be sure he or she won't do it is if it's specifically said that it won't happen.

We're interested in seeing it... I just want to make sure there's nothing that can derail your getting a good grade on it, because your education is more important than us getting to see your work a couple of days earlier.

We're interested in seeing it... I just want to make sure there's nothing that can derail your getting a good grade on it, because your education is more important than us getting to see your work a couple of days earlier.

And I absolutely appreciate it. I wasn't aware about the whole turnitin nightmare, but now I'm informed! Not sure how to post it for all to see without them busting me.

I just know we have to turn in a hard copy, but turnitin.com wasn't mentioned.

Oh, papers submitted to turnitin.com also stay in the database, so papers are searched against those as well as the internet. The professor gets an electronic copy back with stuff highlighted that has the same phrasing as something else, along with where it matched with.

I'd say wait a week or two after you turn it in. How long until he's going to return it to you?

Oh, papers submitted to turnitin.com also stay in the database, so papers are searched against those as well as the internet. The professor gets an electronic copy back with stuff highlighted that has the same phrasing as something else, along with where it matched with.

I'd say wait a week or two after you turn it in. How long until he's going to return it to you?

I'm confused. How does it get matched up against the database online if we're just turning in a printed copy? Do they scan each one into turnitin to check it against the other papers?

It would be nice to get the papers back after we return from Thanksgiving, but I know that won't happen.

UPDATE:

I think I got a 90/100 on the paper!

We go through Blackboard, and according to that, my score in the class is 258.5/300; however the paper itself is not listed, only the two tests that we've taken.

The two test scores were
69.5/100
99/100

For a total of 168.5/200, but...

The total points category listed below the two tests says 258.5/300. Considering the paper is the last thing I turned in, that may be my grade!

Back