Horrible day for beer lovers

Bourbon is good, I'm not a big JD fan though. Some of the other Tennessee whiskeys aren't bad. Speaking of "other kinds," I do like Bushmill's Irish whisky (they've only been making it about 500 years or so) and a good scotch is always nice.

Recently toured the Buffalo Trace distillery in Lexington. Got to try some 21 year old bourbon (it's old enough to drink). They had some even older but they don't let you taste that.

Woodman, whisky is for sipping. Slamming shots is for getting as drunk as possible as fast as possible and really has nothing to do with enjoying a fine whisky. If you're going to do that you might as well buy the cheap stuff.

Booker's is pretty good, bourbon-wise.

Another vote for single-malt scotch being far and away the best sippin' whisky. Neat, of course. :)

Half right. Canadians can't make whiskey to save their lives. Fortunately, I'm not relying on them. The Scots produce, and have produced long before there ever was a Tennessee, the supreme whiskey of the world : Scotch. And before you bluster, try Glenmorangie.

If you've anything left to say after that .....

All Scotch tastes like iodine. :p

That's because you've never spent more than $10 on a bottle.

I used to be good friends with Johnny Walker Black...:mope: He and I had a falling out over another friend...Ron Bacardi, who had much better taste, I might add. :p

Rum???? I thought you were in the Air Force. Surely you don't get your daily ration of grog?

two best beers by far are american microbrews and ales from britain. germans do one or two things right and so do the belgians, but that's about it.

i'm not allowed to have scotch anymore....

microbrews is good stuff, yes. localy brewed Upland Pale Ale is my personal fav, I would probably have a different favorite if i lived somewhere else.

Back