How do you pay for stuff?

In general, how do you pay for stuff?

• I have one of those cashless thingies...

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Credit card

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • Debit card

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Check

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Cash

Votes: 11 57.9%
  • Eh?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Q said:
:rolleyes: The last one in is the first one out. You gonna part with the 50 right away....then proceed to piss him off?
Exactly, the 50 will light his eyes up, and he will then say "more!". So you pull another bill out. "more!", and so on.

That's what you call a stupid robber. If I was robbing you, and saw you pulling bills out one at a time, I'd just cap you and go through your pockets myself. ;)

Yep, in London they mug you in gangs... my ex knows, he got mugged in broad daylight in Oxford Street when Katie was having a sleep study at Great Ormond Street. They grabbed him as he walked past an alley. :(

Robbery it's not so uncommon here. But I was never assaulted, thank god. And damned the soul that tries to pickpocket me *punch*

I've never been mugged, but someone did pull a knife on me once. My brother and friend were with me, and between the three of us we managed to send him to never-never land. We then just left.

I never carry a handbag in London, I wear a money belt under my jumper and keep small change in my pocket. Pickpockets are more frequent than muggings. Plus I use my keys as a weapon.

How to hold them... self-defence style... You can gouge eyes, hands, etc with the heel end and hit with the actual keys ~ thumb over the top stops it sliding. Not that anyone usually bugs me 'cos I tend to look mean and very aware when I'm on my own...

The only self-defense "weapon" I carry is a swiss army knife and a strangulation wire I got as a gift.

Q said:
Whoa...you got those coolie kinda skeleton keys.

That's actually a radar key which gets me into every disabled toilet in Britain. :D It just happens to be the same size as one of those little bars that you get for self-defence and which were banned over here ~ can't ban a bunch of keys now can they ~ nor can they say I'm going equiped...

Jerrek said:
The only self-defense "weapon" I carry is a swiss army knife and a strangulation wire I got as a gift.

Carrying a knife is illegal here ~ going equiped...

Though scowling at everyone and walking like a guy usually is enough to put most people off... Walking sticks are also very effective weapons if you know how to use them. Part of self-defence is learning how to use everyday objects to defend yourself.

But the biggest defence is not to put yourself in the situation in the first place and only stand and fight if there is no escape route available.

I want one of those that turn into a sword.

And anyone that tells me I can't carry my Swiss knife (which has two screw drivers, and so on) will get fucked.

Trouble with knives is that if you aren't proficient at using them, which most people aren't, they can be taken from you and used against you. Things like keys are surprise weapons, the mugger doesn't expect you to use them in the way that you do so it gives you a slight edge.

Oh course if the guys got a gun you smile and give him the money sweetly, the first rule of self-defence is self preservation. Just remember everything you can about him as a good description may well put him out of business.

Ok, now lemme get this straight

jello=jelly
jelly =jam
jam=keys???

jam006.jpg<----Aunty's key pic :D

I pay for stuff via cat pelts an' original 1977 starwars action figures, since my bank account only exists because of my 5 dollar obligation, to keep it open.:D

Back