how have we overlooked this???

tonksy

The Dangers of Eating Bread

A recent newspaper headline read, "Smell of baked bread may be health hazard." The article went on to describe the dangers of the smell of baking bread. The main danger, apparently, is that the organic components of this aroma may break down ozone.

I was horrified. When are we going to do something about bread-induced global warming? Sure, we attack tobacco companies, but when is the government going to go after Big Bread? Well, I've done a little research, and what I've discovered should make anyone think twice....

THE FINDINGS

1. More than 98 percent of convicted felons are bread eaters.

2. Fully HALF of all children who grow up in bread-consuming households score below average on standardized tests.

3. In the 18th century, when virtually all bread was baked in the home, the average life expectancy was less than 50 years; infant mortality rates were unacceptably high; many women died in childbirth; and diseases such as typhoid, yellow fever and influenza ravaged whole nations.

4. More than 90 percent of violent crimes are committed within 24 hours of eating bread.

5. Bread is made from a substance called "dough." It has been proven that as little as one pound of dough can be used to suffocate a mouse. The average person eats more bread than that in one month!

7. Bread has been proven to be addictive. Subjects deprived of bread and given only water to eat begged for bread after only two days.

PROPOSED RESTRICTIONS

Most bread eaters are utterly unable to distinguish between significant scientific fact and meaningless statistical babbling. In light of these frightening statistics, we propose the following bread restrictions

1. No sale of bread to minors.

2. No advertising of bread within 1000 feet of a school.

3. A 300 percent federal tax on all bread to pay for all the societal ills we might associate with bread.

4. No animal or human images, nor any primary colors (which may appeal to children) may be used to promote bread usage.

5. A $40.2 billion fine on the three biggest bread manufacturers.

:p

no way i'm quitting bread...you can pry the bread from my cold dead hand...and there will be a cola in the other...truly a balanced diet.

life without the smell of fresh baked bread wafting though the house? life with out a large hunk of crispy, hot, gooey, buttery, garlic bread? life without the sandwich? the burger? the muffaletta? bread is essential. screw this atkins person.

tonks said:
life without the smell of fresh baked bread wafting though the house? life with out a large hunk of crispy, hot, gooey, buttery, garlic bread? life without the sandwich? the burger? the muffaletta? bread is essential. screw this atkins person.

If they wanna take mid morning bacon sandwich from me........they'll have to be prepared to fight! :box:

Back in the day, when I was a charterboat captain in the Bahamas, we would head toward a settled island and anchor in their harbor to be there at 4:00 in the afternoon. At 4:00, people would open their front door if they had fresh baked bread to sell. You could walk down the path, following your nose, and find a house where you could buy for a dollar a loaf of white, wheat, or cinnamon raisin bread. We'd run back to the boat with our warm-from-the-oven loaves and slice down the middle of the top lengthwise, and spoon peanut butter into the slit. When the peanut butter had melted a little, we would sit there and eat the whole loaf. This was a treat that really cannot be adequately described. :cool:

Sharky said:
Back in the day, when I was a charterboat captain in the Bahamas, we would head toward a settled island and anchor in their harbor to be there at 4:00 in the afternoon. At 4:00, people would open their front door if they had fresh baked bread to sell. You could walk down the path, following your nose, and find a house where you could buy for a dollar a loaf of white, wheat, or cinnamon raisin bread. We'd run back to the boat with our warm-from-the-oven loaves and slice down the middle of the top lengthwise, and spoon peanut butter into the slit. When the peanut butter had melted a little, we would sit there and eat the whole loaf. This was a treat that really cannot be adequately described. :cool:

damn. that sounds good :) Gonna have to get me one of those fancy breadmakin' machines and try it out.

Oz said:
damn. that sounds good :) Gonna have to get me one of those fancy breadmakin' machines and try it out.
i have one...i keep forgetting to buy yeast :tardbang:
but it does make the cuteset little loaves.

Squiggy said:
What better way to say "Eat me" ? :D

well... to be honest, a yeasty smell and the appearance of mold doesn't really get me salivating....

now if you had the aroma and body of a Nuits-Saint-Georges... :brow:

Back