How I really feel...

Starya said:
Off topic: We're gonna visit an English school while we're there, age group 5-11. That'll be interesting.

On the info handed out about the visits, the following was underlined: "Please ensure that you wear smart, professional clothing, as denims may not be permitted." Well I rarely wear denims, but smart and professional? Asked my teacher, what could be considered acceptable, so he leaned down and peeked under my desk. "Not those" he answered. I have to go shopping tomorrow. :disgust:

LOL! Yes... we can be rather rigid in out "standards" Its silly really.

Basically...

For the ladies:
Any shoes (not trainers... although Doc Martins and the like may be frowned upon)
Dress trousers or skirt (of an appropriate length)
Any top that hides a girl's modesty (no low cut titty tops or crop tops)
Keep jewellery (especially any piercings other than in the ears!) to a minimum

In upper KS2 (7-11) female teachers will often wear trouser suits, smarter clothing and heels (less running around!) in Foundation/KS1 (3-7) its more common to see teachers in stretch trousers/ smart combats and washable tops (paint!) with flat trainer type shoes (physically running after the little tikes!)

For the gents: (These are few and far between though)
No trainers
Trousers no jeans
Normally shirts but I've seen long sleeve Tshirts too
Suits and ties
Ditto with the jewellery

My main tip is to layer up... schools here are either freezing or boiling... there's never a happy medium!!! :D

Oh and DONT wear low cut or large waist banded trousers with a thong!!! In Blighty we don't sit behind a desk in KS1 and 2... we're active around the room... meaning you bend over and crouch down beside the chidren at their desks... a flash of thong or a lower back tattoo... isn't a good way to be remembered.

And I'd imagine you'll get a chance to ask the children questions or help with an activity... well... you would in my classroom!

We're gonna give a presentation. Show pics or artifacts, and maybe have them sing a Norwegian song or something. :D

There will be no thong-song with me around. My trousers are usually a bit low cut, but never that low cut. I always do the "squat and bend"-test before buying. ;) And I never wear short tops either.

For the ladies:
Any shoes (not trainers... although Doc Martins and the like may be frowned upon)
Which reminds me, I was gonna look for shoes too.. I have trainers, and something Doc Martin-ish.. That's it.
Dress trousers or skirt (of an appropriate length)
Any top that hides a girl's modesty (no low cut titty tops or crop tops)
Keep jewellery (especially any piercings other than in the ears!) to a minimum
That I can handle. That is.. How's the stand on tops with 3/4 sleeves? And how 'bout a fleece-jacket?

Damn, this trip could turn out to be darned expensive.. And just because of one day's visit. Sheesh.

*thankful for laid-back Norwegian standards* :D

Starya said:
We're gonna give a presentation. Show pics or artifacts, and maybe have them sing a Norwegian song or something. :D

Check out the behaviour level of the class before you embark on the song... they may be "high spirited" enough with "visitors" being in the class ;)

There will be no thong-song with me around. My trousers are usually a bit low cut, but never that low cut. I always do the "squat and bend"-test before buying. ;) And I never wear short tops either.

Sounds like you've got the idea... already!

Which reminds me, I was gonna look for shoes too.. I have trainers, and something Doc Martin-ish.. That's it.

Doc martin shoes would be fine...or boots with trousers... but I wouldn't wear them with a skirt... just incase.

That I can handle. That is.. How's the stand on tops with 3/4 sleeves? And how 'bout a fleece-jacket?

Both fine! Well at least... thats what I've worn! :)

Damn, this trip could turn out to be darned expensive.. And just because of one day's visit. Sheesh.

If I were you... if you own such items...

Your Doc Martins,
Dark dress/smart trousers,
Three-quarter sleeve smart fitted t-shirt or shirt/blouse,
Neat earings... and if you want to show your persoanality... wear a nice modern necklace or paint your nails a funky colour!

And your normal coat.. that'll be left in the staffroom anyway!

Hope this helps!

Starya said:
Asked my teacher, what could be considered acceptable, so he leaned down and peeked under my desk. "Not those" he answered. I have to go shopping tomorrow. :disgust:
so...what was the those of "Not those"? :D

Leslie said:
so...what was the those of "Not those"? :D

These were those.
overlegen.gif

attachment.php

And why don't we just pretend that is an actual picture of me wearing them.. :lloyd:

ClaireBear said:
its my coping mechanism.

In my usual dainty & kind way I'll try to tell you in as kind a way as possible that, if the above quote is accurate, then it's broken. Fix it & your problem may be well on its wy to being taken care of.

Starya said:
These were those.
overlegen.gif

And why don't we just pretend that is an actual picture of me wearing them.. :lloyd:
They're not so bad...not probably teacher clothes, but still presentable.

And we can do that :lloyd:

There will be no thong-song with me around. My trousers are usually a bit low cut, but never that low cut. I always do the "squat and bend"-test before buying. And I never wear short tops either

DRAT! but it would looks so great on you ;)

you look fine dear. I disagree with you. I thnk youll look better in something much more low cut ;)

Oh. Right. Heh. Silly me.

*goes looking for really low rise trousers*

Hey! My closet is empty, there's just a skirt left! BoP? You been in here?? :confused:

Starya said:
Oh. Right. Heh. Silly me.

*goes looking for really low rise trousers*

Hey! My closet is empty, there's just a skirt left! BoP? You been in here?? :confused:

How short is the skirt? :brow:

Dude, I'm an old fashioned girl. (Well, as far as clothes are concerned anyways) It goes right down to the ancles.

Starya said:
Dude, I'm an old fashioned girl. (Well, as far as clothes are concerned anyways) It goes right down to the ancles.

Guess I'll have to have the floor mirrored. :grinyes:

Back