How many forum members does it takes to change a light bulb?

Kruz

:lol2:

How many forum members does it takes to change a light bulb?

1 to change the light bulb and to post that the light bulb has been changed
14 to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and how the light bulb could have been changed differently
7 to caution about the dangers of changing light bulbs
1 to move it to the Lighting section
2 to argue then move it to the Electricals section
7 to point out spelling/grammar errors in posts about changing light bulbs
5 to flame the spell checkers
3 to correct spelling/grammar flames
6 to argue over whether it's "lightbulb" or "light bulb" ... another 6 to condemn those 6 as stupid
2 industry professionals to inform the group that the proper term is "lamp"
15 know-it-alls who claim they were in the industry, and that "light bulb" is perfectly correct
19 to post that this forum is not about light bulbs and to please take this discussion to a lightbulb forum
11 to defend the posting to this forum saying that we all use light bulbs and therefore the posts are relevant to this forum
36 to debate which method of changing light bulbs is superior, where to buy the best light bulbs, what brand of light bulbs work best for this technique and what brands are faulty
7 to post URL's where one can see examples of different light bulbs
4 to post that the URL's were posted incorrectly and then post the corrected URL's
3 to post about links they found from the URL's that are relevant to this group which makes light bulbs relevant to this group
13 to link all posts to date, quote them in their entirety including all headers and signatures, and add "Me too"
5 to post to the group that they will no longer post because they cannot handle the light bulb controversy
4 to say "didn't we go through this already a short time ago?"
13 to say "do a Google search on light bulbs before posting questions about light bulbs"

AND THE NUMBER ONE........
1 forum lurker to respond to the original post 6 months from now and start it all over again.

:rofl4:

This one is my favourite for some reason...I don't try to make sense of it...it's just the one that made me laugh the most...

2 industry professionals to inform the group that the proper term is "lamp"

11 to defend the posting to this forum saying that we all use light bulbs and therefore the posts are relevant to this forum
No one else uses their computer by torchlight? :lloyd:

I think that list left off the unemployed (not without reason) comedian to make a lame joke regarding the thread...

Kruz said:
13 to link all posts to date, quote them in their entirety including all headers and signatures, and add "Me too"

5 to post to the group that they will no longer post because they cannot handle the light bulb controversy
Enjoyed these two. :D

13 to say "do a Google search on light bulbs before posting questions about light bulbs"

1 forum lurker to respond to the original post 6 months from now and start it all over again.

Crap... I guess these are me. :devious:

Professur said:
I've got a little USB lamp over the keyboard, but then, I touch type.

Why do they call it touch typing? They make it sound like you feel around the keyboard for the right letters, while in reality, you instinctively know where every key is so well that you no longer need to visually locate them, you just hit the space where they should be really hard.

But then you get the off by one space problem, "vyr rgwb tiy fwr idd vt ibw aoaxw oeivkwn" where it doesn't make any sense until you shift the letters one to the left or right on standard qwerty board, and it hits you like a brick thrown out of a fucking airplane.

Altron said:
Why do they call it touch typing? They make it sound like you feel around the keyboard for the right letters, while in reality, you instinctively know where every key is so well that you no longer need to visually locate them, you just hit the space where they should be really hard.

But then you get the off by one space problem, "vyr rgwb tiy fwr idd vt ibw aoaxw oeivkwn" where it doesn't make any sense until you shift the letters one to the left or right on standard qwerty board, and it hits you like a brick thrown out of a fucking airplane.
You know it's not really an instinct, right? ;)
I hate when that "off by one space" thing happens to me. PITA. Have you eve tried a Dvorak keyboard? I've read that a good typist who really learns one can type 50% faster. :shrug: I've never tried one myself but I know that the qwerty arrangement was invented by a lefty for lefties.

Note that I aspire to never be hit by a brick thrown out of an airplane, fucking or not. :lol:

chcr said:
You know it's not really an instinct, right? ;)
I hate when that "off by one space" thing happens to me. PITA. Have you eve tried a Dvorak keyboard? I've read that a good typist who really learns one can type 50% faster. :shrug: I've never tried one myself but I know that the qwerty arrangement was invented by a lefty for lefties.

Note that I aspire to never be hit by a brick thrown out of an airplane, fucking or not. :lol:

Nah, the rumor I heard was that the QWERTY was designed to slow typing speed, since back in the day, if you typed at obscene speeds, the keyboards would jam. Like usual, Newton's First Law kicked in, and we're now using an inefficent standard because no one has been able to get enough people going to another standard to change the momentum.

I'm going to try Dvorak though... just rearranged my keys. I'll tell you how it goes. Right not it's still on standard, and if I look at the board, it will mess me up, because the letters are wrong.

Back