How many forum members does it takes to change a light bulb?

Al, run your fingers over the F and J keys. Feel that little bump? That's for touch typists to know that their fingers are on the right keys. Your index fingers go on them, and you touch it to know where you are on they keyboard. If you look at a professional calculator or keypad, you'll find a similar bump on the 5. Accountants don't look at the keys either.

Professur said:
Al, run your fingers over the F and J keys. Feel that little bump? That's for touch typists to know that their fingers are on the right keys. Your index fingers go on them, and you touch it to know where you are on they keyboard. If you look at a professional calculator or keypad, you'll find a similar bump on the 5. Accountants don't look at the keys either.

Hell, *I* hardly look at the numbers on a keypad...3 summers of data entry will do that to ya...I just got a keypad not long ago...I was so sad without one...now I have a wireless one :D

After working in a store where the only way to enter numbers is through the numpad, I don't look much at the numpad.

Hard transition, since I never used it before, but I could touch type the regular numbers, so I would start on them, then notice and go back to the numpad.

Typing this took me from ~5wpm to ~10wpm. In a month, I might be able to do this, although it is so frustrating being so slow.

There is a nice toolbar that lets me switch between Dvorak and Qwerty quickly though. I can do about a paragraph in Qwerty in the time it takes me to do one sentence in Dvorak. I just can't even accidently glance down at the Dvorak letters when I am typing Qwerty, because it messes me up.

I know it's easy to switch back and forth, I've just been using qwerty for 35+ years and I'm afraid trying to switch would probably fuck me up completely (well, more completely).

What annoys me is that there are important keys in the bottom right, and when I hold my hand in the normal position, it covers them.

I'm switching back to Qwerty, I type as fast as I need to with it, and there are so many compatability issues with dvorak, like using it on school computers and such.

tonksy said:
I hate when I hit the caps lock instead of the A or shift. Very annoying.
Oh yeah, that's fucking annoying! :grumpy: Also hate it when I push the caps lock instead of tab, and vice-versa. :mad:

Back