How much time do men have?

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
SAN FRANCISCO — The California Supreme Court defined rape Monday as continued sexual intercourse by a man after his female partner demands that it stop.

The 7-0 decision reverses a 1985 ruling by a lower court.

"This opinion is significant. It appears the California Supreme Court has clearly rejected an opportunity to revisit past barriers to rape convictions," said Douglas Beloof, an attorney with the National Crime Victim Law Institute.

The 2000 case involved two 17-year-olds who had sex in a bedroom during a party. The boy testified that the sex was consensual and that he stopped when the girl demanded. She testified the boy kept having sex with her for about a "minute and a half" after she called it off.

The boy was convicted of rape and served about six months in a juvenile facility. The high court affirmed that conviction Monday.

Justice Janice Rogers Brown, while agreeing with the majority on what constitutes rape, dissented on whether the boy was guilty. She wrote that the girl never clearly said stop, instead saying "I should be going now" and "I need to go home."

Brown also wondered how much time a man has to stop once a woman says stop.

"Ten seconds? Thirty?" she wrote.

Ladies especially...what are your thoughts on this?

Source...

Juggernaut said:
If that is the case then I have been raped. Calling 911....

Not funny, Juggy. Rape is very serious, and I'd like to keep it that way, okay?

Rape is probably the worst offense out there. This is beginning to push the line though, once consent has been granted, is it okay to retract "in the middle" of the act? Damned tough call.

That's why I wanted serious opinions. If we muddy this up, then the next step is to declare all sexual relations rape.

This is taking it a bit too far, similar to the cases where a drunk girl has sex, wakes up the next morning, then screams rape. It was ok then, just not when they come to their senses. I guess I better start asking my wife a few times while we're having sex if it's still ok. :confuse3:

i dont know that its the worst gonz. id say its very close to murder i wouldnt be able to sya which is worse cause you really cant recover from either one. as far as it goes in the story, id like to say if that is the case then may i say this as a reminder to all men and women too NO MEANS NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! its as simple as that. if you dont take no for an answer in my eyes you might as well rape and be convicted cause the word no was said and same with stop. no time limit either. stop as soon as its said is my say. harsh though it maybe, id rather stop than to do anything to hurt anyone. i hold the same to all others

the murder victim doesn't care after the crime

*s4 shakes head in disbelief

if you follow that kind of thinking then there is nothing wrong with it

Gonz said:
freako104 said:
id say its very close to murder

the murder victim doesn't care after the crime. the rape victim is damaged for life.

no shit about the rape victim gonz why do you think i want harsher punishments for them and hold the grudge i do?? but think of the victim in both cases neither asked for it(unless the murder victim wanted to be euthanised or something). and in both cases the victim isnt the only one. think of the family. someone dies people are going to miss that person. they are victims too. thats why i say its close. and rape victims can be killed in the act.

Justice Janice Rogers Brown, while agreeing with the majority on what constitutes rape, dissented on whether the boy was guilty. She wrote that the girl never clearly said stop, instead saying "I should be going now" and "I need to go home."

Brown also wondered how much time a man has to stop once a woman says stop.

"Ten seconds? Thirty?" she wrote.

I like her thinking, to convict this guy is wrong, if it had turned into some kind of deviant act that she didn't want to participate in, and he forced the issue, that's one thing, but she obviously agreed to have sex with him, to change your mind halfway through and then charge rape because he didn't stop for a minute and a half is wrong.

Of course, then again, if all the girl could think of was, "I should be going now" and "I need to go home.", then he must not have been doing a very good job.

As for the issue of whether rape or murder is worse, I put them on equal ground. A rape victim does have to live with that crime for the rest of their life, but so does a murder victim.

no the rape victim only has their dignity taken away, but the murder victim has everything they ever worked for taken along with any future life they might have had taken. the rape victim can go back to their family if they have one, but the murder victim cannot go back to anyone for comfort.

i think its a little bit more than dignity. i think there's also something called "peace of mind"

agreed, but i can't see how some of these people are saying that murder is less serious than rape or vice versa.

this is one of those threads that i wish i had just skipped discussing because it's only going to get me going again

:confuse3: Would you really rather have your girlfriend/wife/sister... get murdered instead of raped. I don't understand that reasoning.

As for the conviction...a minute and a half during consentual sex is a little tough to brand someone a sex offender for life...

Funny...I asked for a woman's opinion on this, and it seems that only guys are responding. Seems like women don't care about this issue, or I've made them kind-of shy about responding.

Maybe their reply wouldn't have been serious enough for you.

Speaking of serious, until you are a woman who was raped I would never suggest they dont care. I know two ladies who were raped and this bitch is making a laughing stock out of their pain.

I found it funny because she wasnt raped.

It was a prompt for a response. Since I can't become a woman to be raped, your comparison is null. I also know a woman who was raped, and, although I haven't seen her in quite some time, I'm sure she could come up with a serious reply. Try reading a few more of my posts, and you'll know how I phrase things to get a response.

Back