How much time do men have?

s4 said:
no the rape victim only has their dignity taken away, but the murder victim has everything they ever worked for taken along with any future life they might have had taken. the rape victim can go back to their family if they have one, but the murder victim cannot go back to anyone for comfort.

bullshit. they have a lot more than that taken away s4. they in some cases are robbed of their virginity. plus they might not be able to because of the shame it brings.(im refrerring to the family part) and in some cases they can die too. and if they get pregnant they can also lose their future because of the baby. they would either have to abort it or take care of it or put it up for adoption. not many choices then again they didnt have a choice when they were raped. thats why i put it on equal grounds

Why are we arguing over the emotional penalties of rape, anyway? This thread is supposed to be about the case I first posted. :confuse2:

freako104:

I was directly responding to a comment made by Gonz.

the murder victim doesn't care after the crime. the rape victim is damaged for life.

Gonz makes it sound like being murdered is no big deal. As for rape, I agree that when it is rape that it is very serious and am not trying to downplay the effects of it.

I tried to reply to this earlier but my reply went to never-never land in some server meltdown or something:(
Based strictly on the information available, I would say the boy should not have been convicted.

Would the corollory to this be that if the woman says to keep going and the guy can't, he can be charged?

This a very very bad ruling. And it bodes ill for the future. Are we going to need written and sealed contracts before having sex next? What else will fall into the same logic? 20 minutes into a auto repair, I change my mind and refuse the estimate? The neighbour's kid has three quarters of my driveway shoveled and suddenly I don't want him to do it any more? The logic's the same.

Cases like this can't, and must not be allowed to set precedent. Sadly, this is a clear case of the justice pendulum at work. Until it settles down, justice tends to over react to one extreme, then the other.

What would the courts rule if I charged my wife for not stopping on command when she gets on top? Maybe someone should try that and see where it goes. Any takers?

yeah, that's what was bugging me....the changing her mind in the middle...it's ok one minute and a minute and a half later it's rape:hmm:

The courts looked at the fact that the girl changed her mind. While this is all well and good, the court should've also regarded that the girl consented also. Perhaps she got hers, and was being cruel. :shrug: Who knows? As for men being raped by a woman, it's possible, but highly doubtful. Too many things have to be going right...

s4 said:
freako104:

I was directly responding to a comment made by Gonz.

the murder victim doesn't care after the crime. the rape victim is damaged for life.

Gonz makes it sound like being murdered is no big deal. As for rape, I agree that when it is rape that it is very serious and am not trying to downplay the effects of it.

my apologies on that s4 i didnt know that. i thought you were so again my apologies.ato your right it could have been her being cruel but he may have forced to do something shes not into. so theres something missing.

This kid shouldn't have been convicted. Changing her mind in the middle with "I should be going"? Bah.

We could solve this whole debate by training men and women with some code words like...."if you don't stop it will be RAPE"...."please, I'd rather not be RAPED".

See now, a guy hear's that and he will down the street with his pants half way up in 2 seconds flat. If they don't stop then you can prosecute.

So parents, train your children to slip in the word RAPE if they aren't into having sex at the moment and we won't have anymore of this nonsense.

i don't agree that frequent use of that word is a good idea.

if someone is assertive then the other person will get the idea without threats

i fail to understand something. very seldom do i find someone that i would even consider having as a mate. it is rare that i ever get interested in anyone. why is it that some people want to have sex with as many people as possible and don't care what they are or look like? i just don't understand the mentality of people wanting sex with anything that moves. sex to me is just not a top priority. there are other things to consider like loyalty and trust. why is it that some people are so loose?

that or they feel thats all they can do. as far as your post Flavio another little s/m thing here that i think should go anywhere is the rule of: if the call or stop word is said all stops there.that should go anywhere.

Right. So I'm 10 seconds from blowing my load, the girl's already cracked the ceiling plaster 3 times and I'm supposed to stop right there and then?

Reality check, aisle three.

i think that sex should be talked about before doing it or at least both people should know what they are getting into

Bubba said:
i think that sex should be talked about before doing it or at least both people should know what they are getting into
Oh, please....:rolleyes: sex is far more uncomfortable to talk about than it is to just do. If people had in depth discussions before sex, we would have far less stds, unwanted pregnancies...and prolly a whole lot less sex in general, cases such as this one would be unheard of. That is not the case, is it?

Back