How much uglier CAN it get?

MrBishop

RIVERSIDE, Calif.—A San Bernardino County Republican group has distributed a newsletter picturing Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama on a $10 bill adorned with a watermelon, ribs and a bucket of fried chicken.

Linking Obama to demeaning racist stereotypes drew denunciations from various GOP officials after the illustration appeared in the October newsletter of the Chaffey Community Republican Women, Federated, the Riverside Press-Enterprise reported Thursday.

Diane Fedele, president of the group, said she had no racist intent.
"I never connected," she told the newspaper. "It was just food to me. It didn't mean anything else."

The Obama campaign declined to comment, saying it does not address such attacks.
http://www.boston.com/news/nation/articles/2008/10/16/gop_group_depicts_obama_with_watermelon_ribs/

Diane Fedele, president of the group, said she had no racist intent.
"I never connected," she told the newspaper. "It was just food to me. It didn't mean anything else."
:rofl4:
If you'll buy that, allow me to show you something in the way of a bridge...

It never ceases to amaze me that there are still people out there who are stupid. I feel the same way about dyed-in-the-wool Palin haters. If you can't find something negative, make something negative is todays politics. Thanks to all of you from the 60's and 70's that came into power and propogated stupidity and ignorance as valid viewpoints. Thanks to all of you in the 80's and 90's that bought into it.

I don't know why this surprises anyone. It's been the general thrust of the McCain campaign for weeks. What bothers me is how many people find this kind of bullshit acceptable. I'm betting it horrifies McCain but he's become the kind of person who will do almost anything to get elected. Kudos to the Obama campaign for refusing to respond. Don't you wish we were better than this?

Back