How much...

HomeLAN said:
...are the taxpayers shelling out for this crap?
If it's a dime it too much.
Shit they are base in SF, let um have it.

Germany pointed out that the case for "Queer Eye" was supported by a deep- pocketed television network. "And we're a nonprofit group full of working- class women," she said.

No shit. They'll let anything on TV, to come into peoples home across the country.

Just a side note. If it had just gone through ... noone would have even heard of it. By disputing it, they've managed to keep it in the press for years. Cheap advertising. Since Queer Eye was already on TV, it didn't need the extra exposure.

And, of course, now they get to once again play the 'wounded minority' card, and be the victim. Everyone likes the victim, don't they? Everyone roots for the underdawg.

Professur said:
Just a side note. If it had just gone through ... noone would have even heard of it. By disputing it, they've managed to keep it in the press for years. Cheap advertising. Since Queer Eye was already on TV, it didn't need the extra exposure.

And, of course, now they get to once again play the 'wounded minority' card, and be the victim. Everyone likes the victim, don't they? Everyone roots for the underdawg.
Exaaaactly

Professur said:

Except that it wasn't the Dykes on Bikes who disputed it...it was the GVT ;) The DoB just wanted their logo copyrighted. It's the patent office who went all "PC" on them. So...who caused the uproar again?

FLASH: GVT helps support Dykes. :rofl:

Personally, I think the copyright clerk and a randomly chosen rep of the group oughtta duke it out in the parking lot to settle the issue. My money's on the dyke.

In any case, STOP WASTING MY MONEY ON THIS SHIT!

HomeLAN said:
Personally, I think the copyright clerk and a randomly chosen rep of the group oughtta duke it out in the parking lot to settle the issue. My money's on the dyke.

In any case, STOP WASTING MY MONEY ON THIS SHIT!
I'd buy THAT for $1 !! :)

I'll give 20-1 odds on the clerk.

At least we're now allowed to use dyke & not be called bigoted
But the National Center for Lesbian Rights and the Brooke Oliver Law Group said the word "dyke" is no longer viewed as derogatory.

Gonz said:
At least we're now allowed to use dyke & not be called bigoted
Bigoted, nah... just don't call a lipstick-lesbian a dyke or you might get a smackdown from her bull-dyke GF :D

LMFAO

no wait that's gross ain' it?
------------------------
so if the Klan or some white supremist neo-Nazis’
wanted to do the same thing, they'd meet with opposition?

you'm bethcha!

catocom said:
If it's a dime it too much.
Shit they are base in SF, let um have it.
What's being based in SF have to do with it? They should be able to register a trademark regardless.

No shit. They'll let anything on TV, to come into peoples home across the country.
That's a funny show...ever watch it?

Back