How to deal with a moron as a boss

Stkshft

Yea...heres the story....all the management at my work (Sam's Club) just all switched. We just got these 2 managers in who are great examples of why stupid people shouldn't breed. all they do is sit on their asses and I have to remind my manager to do their job, like to write our schudule 4 days into the week. They are total assholes they belittle everyone, they think that just because they are management they are god.

currently i'm looking for a new job because of this....but the $11/hr is kinda hard to find other places.

i'm thinking a good slashing of the tires or a nice public floging works too.

Stkshft said:
yea thats why i'm saying a good public floging works well for situations like this.

except that some of us enjoy a flogging ;)

my managers have been pretty cool though.

I've had good bosses and bad bosses. They aren't all stupid, but sometimes having a stupid boss isn't a bad thing. They will sometimes just leave you alone and let you do your job then. Having a boss that really knows what is going on can suck, then they know that you're goofing off when you're goofing off.

I've had two bosses that were phenomenal. One is still my best friend after 11 years and I still write to the other one occasionally. Besides them, the rest of my bosses have been bad bad bad.

Stkshft, I'm going to assume that you're young and still in the early stages of your career. If that's the case, here's my advice:

Remember these kinds of things well, and bring them back out and examine them later, when you are the boss. Don't repeat these mistakes.

I think I've had one nice boss in all the jobs I've had. A lot of them were ok but a lot of bad ones as well. :(

Stkshft said:
Yea...heres the story....all the management at my work (Sam's Club) just all switched. We just got these 2 managers in who are great examples of why stupid people shouldn't breed. all they do is sit on their asses and I have to remind my manager to do their job, like to write our schudule 4 days into the week. They are total assholes they belittle everyone, they think that just because they are management they are god.

currently i'm looking for a new job because of this....but the $11/hr is kinda hard to find other places.

i'm thinking a good slashing of the tires or a nice public floging works too.

My two cents is, keep tryin' to be the best you can be, in the capacity y'ave been given, for now, (however humble or limited it may seem).

Real talent is discovered by those worthy of its bounty.

An', as mentioned above, when ya get yer chance to manage, remember these lessons, an' rise above it.:headbang:

First off, stop reminding them to do their job. Let them forget to make the schedule. Then, when noone shows up for work one day, who's problem is it?

You guessed it. The key to any problem is to give them enough rope to hang themselves.

luis g said:
The boss is always stupid.
my bosses have always kicked ass, or at least been decent people, when they buy you a beer at a pub underage you know they're gotta be coo

well i was hoping that one of the girls was gonna show up and make a public spectacle of me :D

Stkshft said:
How to deal with a moron as a boss

Bitchslap his ass all the way to next week. Doesn't work with a female because she'll cry & pout & cry harassment & sue you & the company for millions & win. For a female boss, just whisper under your breath *it's PMS, it's PMS*:headbang:

samcurry said:
well i was hoping that one of the girls was gonna show up and make a public spectacle of me

phew i thought you were gong to take advantqage of my sadomasochism ;) sorry sam your just not my type ;)

tommyj27 said:
luis g said:
The boss is always stupid.
my bosses have always kicked ass, or at least been decent people, when they buy you a beer at a pub underage you know they're gotta be coo

Being a decent or nice person doesn't make you smar :D ;)

Back