how to get around WGA version 540 ???

tank girl

Help me,

i've been caught out by the latest Windows Genuine Advantage update because, apparently , I'm genuinely disadvantaged

This now means I have a pop up everytime I start up/shut down and a thing in my system tray, and god knows what else spying on me....which I can't get rid of without somebody who knows a lot more about getting around it and its registry change than I do.

Other than buying a legitimate version, does anyone know of a *recent* hack that evades this nonsense?

chcr

Too cute for words
Now, did they tell you how to get rid of it or just how to hide it from yourself?

I've got one word for you: Linux. :D

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
tank girl said:
Other than buying a legitimate version, does anyone know of a *recent* hack that evades this nonsense?

Oh crap, one could never do that? Act correctly & civilly & follow the law? Oh no, not....

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
But some people have complained of glitches with the WGA tool that means they are being told erroneously they are using a counterfeit copy of XP.

many of the problems stemmed from XP being installed incorrectly or if a machine had been sent for a repair and a new version of XP was installed with a generic key code.

I'd bet 99% of the "legit" copies of XP are stolen, counterfeit & repackaged. Do these folks think that software is the only thing that can be reproduced? Those who legitimately purchased a machine that includes XP or just a copy of XP which is bogus can sue or are are screwed. Either way, it's a hassle.

A.B.Normal

Gonz said:
I'd bet 99% of the "legit" copies of XP are stolen, counterfeit & repackaged. Do these folks think that software is the only thing that can be reproduced? Those who legitimately purchased a machine that includes XP or just a copy of XP which is bogus can sue or are are screwed. Either way, it's a hassle.
Remember its MS ,do you really think they work out the bugs before they release software.:confused:

Kruz

I have a little file that I click and become Legal again.. no more nag screens and I can once more download from Microsoft. :D
p.s. I've heard rumors that Vista "ultimate" will be in the $600.00 range !!:confused: are you kidding me??:eek3:

Kruz

Kruz said:
I have a little file that I click and become Legal again.. no more nag screens and I can once more download from Microsoft. :D
p.s. I've heard rumors that Vista "ultimate" will be in the $600.00 range !!:confused: are you kidding me??:eek3:

correction: I think it was 450 for vista and 670 for office 07. but still haven't been able to confirm this.