How well do you know HTML?

Spirit

Kissy Goddess
I am building on an internal website and am trying to link to a specific e-mail in our newsgroup. I can get to the specific group, but not the specific e-mail.

Is there a way of doing that?

Mirlyn said:
If you're talking about a specific address, then chcr's example should work.

That's good for if you want your viewers to e-mail you. What I am looking for is this:

In the company's Outlook, under Public Folders, we have a newsgroup - it's all internal. In that newsgroup is one specific post that I want to link to on my webpage.

Ideas?

Spirit said:
That's good for if you want your viewers to e-mail you. What I am looking for is this:

In the company's Outlook, under Public Folders, we have a newsgroup - it's all internal. In that newsgroup is one specific post that I want to link to on my webpage.

Ideas?

I dont know exactly what to link but i think it would be a NNTP link..

maybe link <a href="news://and whatever the news never is"></a>

Spirit you might be able to set it up with IMAP.
I'm not sure. I'll look it up for ya tonight. :nerd:

Spirit said:

Ideas?

First of all...that post would have to be acceseable to ourside peeps like us. If your company's Outlook is asealed system, then you're SOL, I'm afraid. Any links to it would be blocked by your company's server. You could try mirroring that post on your site. Copy/Paste the whole thing onto your site (non visible page) and post a link to that on the visible part. You'd have to update it periodically if it's a changeing post.

Spirit said:

Ideas?

Sorry, Spirit, misunderstood the question. You are beyond my expertise now.

Looked for more info on what DJ said....haven't touched NNTP in years and years.

<A HREF="news://news.netobjects.com/netobjects.announce">

The news:// code tells the browser to look for a Usenet service. The name of the news server is news.netobjects.com, and the particular newsgroup name is netobjects.announce. The browser automatically loads a newsgroup reader, and you can read the news from there.

http://www.google.com/search?q=cach...s.html+linking+newsgroups+html&hl=en&ie=UTF-8

Maybe what you were looking for... :)

Thanks so much for your help :) I appreciate it!

--I haven't gotten it to work yet, but I'll keep you posted if it does!!

xo

Back