How's your roof holding up?

Inkara1 said:
The chance is low, but it can happen. It's rare because the cold air from Canada doesn't meet the warm air from the Caribbean here like it does over the midwest.

A couple of years ago, Fresno State was having its yearly festival called Vintage Days, which is an expo and fair of sorts. Overnight between two of the days of the event, a small tornado struck campus and destroyed the beer tent.

It can happen but when strustures are built probabilities of different things are taken into account and the structures are built based on those probabilities. The simple fact remains that you can not account for EVERYTHING so the ones that you know are gonna occur have to be taken into account first.

Inkara1 said:
The chance is low, but it can happen. It's rare because the cold air from Canada doesn't meet the warm air from the Caribbean here like it does over the midwest.

A couple of years ago, Fresno State was having its yearly festival called Vintage Days, which is an expo and fair of sorts. Overnight between two of the days of the event, a small tornado struck campus and destroyed the beer tent.

NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

the humanity of it. :cry:

Luis G said:
It is rock solid, and i don't mean it in a figurated way.
I don't know if we're still discussing english usage, Luis, but you meant figurative I think.

As for my roof, I have ten maple trees around my house. I have to clean the gutters twice a year, so the roof gets checked twice a year. It's going to need a new roof soon, but I keep it repaired. The only leak I've had since I lived here was when high winds took off one of the attic vents (took the whole roof off the pool house). When I re-roof, I'll probably go steel.

Back