Human Hobbit remains found!

MrBishop

aSTOUNDING!!

In a breathtaking discovery, scientists working on a remote Indonesian island say they have uncovered the bones of a human dwarf species marooned for eons while modern man rapidly colonized the rest of the planet.

One tiny specimen, an adult female measuring about 3 feet tall, is described as "the most extreme" figure to be included in the extended human family. Certainly, she is the shortest.

This hobbit-sized creature appears to have lived as recently as 18,000 years ago on the island of Flores, a kind of tropical Lost World populated by giant lizards and miniature elephants

thumb.lon80510271455.dwarf_cavewoman_lon805.jpg

Source

I wonder if she was actually a dwarf/hobbit or just a short person like
pic2.jpg

Not dwarfism...the limbs are proportional.

Here's the interesting bit for us Archiologists :)
Still, researchers say the perseverance of Flores Man smashes the conventional wisdom that modern humans began to systematically crowd out other upright-walking species 160,000 years ago and have dominated the planet alone for tens of thousands of years.

My son did this as a current events report last week. He was enthralled with the whole idea, especially this -

Millenia ago, Flores was a kind of a looking-glass world, a real-life Middle-earth inhabited by a menagerie of fantastical creatures like giant tortoises, elephants as small as ponies and rats as big as hunting dogs. It even had a dragon, although they were giant lizards like today's carnivorous Komodo dragons rather than the treasure-hoarding Smaug described by novelist J.R.R. Tolkien in his "Lord of the Rings" trilogy.

Gato_Solo said:
You can try Middle Earth... :rolleyes: :devious:
Yeah, see I am technically living in "middle earth" at the moment...and i haven't seen any...live ones...yet....(apart from at the movies) but maybe theres still hope :eyebrow:

I wonder what they taste like :brush:

(Perhaps I'll try Peter Jacksons house ;)

Hey, those sheep were willing participants...... But true, we need more kiwis here, I'll see what I can arange.

Back