i am going to europe!

BlurOfSerenity

tomorrow (thursday aug 5) i am leaving to go to europe.
i'll spend 16 days there, coming back the 21st.
i'm going with my parents and we'll arrive in germany friday morning, and then go to austria where we'll spend a week before coming back to gemany for another week.
we are all very excited, as we've been planning on taking a family trip to germany for many years (i remember telling a fifth-grade classmate in 1997 that my family was going to germany that summer) but things kept coming up and delaying it.
and now, we're finally doing it :)
my family is of german ancestry, which is mostly why we're interested in that area specifically.
i speak some german, and my dad has been learning from tapes, and my mom knows a few words. but lucky for us, they speak english over there, lol.

even tho this time tomorrow i'd have left already, i'm not really prepared.
i still need to pack, and i also have laundry to do for the trip.
i have to make minidiscs for my mom and myself. i will do that later, tho, after my friend sells us her minidisc thing that can record from computers and fit 4-6 albums on one minidisc...
i should get going on that stuff.

yah, so i'll probably keep coming back til i leave, and undoubtedly my family will seek out internet access in europe so i'll try to post from there... but i'm letting you all know i'll be gone :)

have fun

say hi to Jaques for me...in case you overthrow France why you're there.

keep your political hatred out of this, she's gonna have fun over there, Gonz :p

have a good time, ash! weather is pretty good at the moment in germany and austria, from what i've seen :cool:

I am wishing her a grand trip. I never mentioned Gerhard :D

Although, Ash, I'd suggest wearing a "How about saying I'm Canadian" t-shirt to avoid any problems.

Not all people in Germany speak English...I was in many a restaurant (including fast food) and store where they did not...

If you land at Frankfurt Am Mein, be sure to peek across the runway at your tax dollars at work. ;)

Also...If there is a US base near you, the local populace will probably speak English. I suggest using German as much as possible, though. You'll never get a feel for the area without it, and the people are much more friendly if you try to speak the language.

Since you are over 18, drinking is also quite legal...and the beers there are heavenly. I do suggest you go slowly, however, because they are more potent than the 'beer' we have in the US...

Gonz said:
have fun

say hi to Jaques for me...in case you overthrow France why you're there.

if you want us to conquer France order them a pizza.

Ding Dong! Domino's!
We surrender!
I am just bringing you a pizza
You win! take it all!

Gato_Solo said:
If you land at Frankfurt Am Mein, be sure to peek across the runway at your tax dollars at work. ;)

Also...If there is a US base near you, the local populace will probably speak English. I suggest using German as much as possible, though. You'll never get a feel for the area without it, and the people are much more friendly if you try to speak the language.

Since you are over 18, drinking is also quite legal...and the beers there are heavenly. I do suggest you go slowly, however, because they are more potent than the 'beer' we have in the US...

I was in Frankfurt...4 years ago...what is this about US wasting their tax dollars??

Nixy said:
I was in Frankfurt...4 years ago...what is this about US wasting their tax dollars??

Who said anything about wasting? I said you tax dollars at work. Rhein Main AB shares the runway with Frankfurt International is all. You may see a few C-17's...a couple of C-130's...maybe a DC-10 or MD-11...and folks swarming all around them.

i'm here and it rocks. i'm in austria right now. the computer i'm on is in the building i'm staying in, and i have to pay for net access, but i get 10 minutes for, like, ... 10 ..cents? they are called cents here, right? (i'm sure i'll have learned all about the € by the time i leave, lol) i think thatäs a good price..

oh, look! ä,ö,€,ß,µ,³, and ° are easily accessible characters, , and most importantly, the y and z are interchanged on the keyboard here. it#s great!

Back