I am posting from my cell phone!

BlurOfSerenity

chcr: it costs extra for the internet on my phone too... but i can do email -- which is good because my online journal ( www.livejournal.com/~alice_ash ) lets me update from email, and i get unlimited AIM im's instead of having to spend fifteen cents apiece on them... and i send quite a few of them.

unc: no, it's actually just a Nextel I60. they dont even sell them anymore. no color screen, no fancy ringtones. i've attatched a picture of it.
mine used to be my boyfriend's cell... he got a new one and so gave me his old one.
and i <3 it. kittie keeps telling me to upgrade like she did, but i love my old ugly i60. *huggs it*

Djcake

I have that same phone.. do you use the two way on it?
if so mike me at 416*881*2877 :D

ash r said:
chcr: it costs extra for the internet on my phone too... but i can do email -- which is good because my online journal ( www.livejournal.com/~alice_ash ) lets me update from email, and i get unlimited AIM im's instead of having to spend fifteen cents apiece on them... and i send quite a few of them.

unc: no, it's actually just a Nextel I60. they dont even sell them anymore. no color screen, no fancy ringtones. i've attatched a picture of it.
mine used to be my boyfriend's cell... he got a new one and so gave me his old one.
and i <3 it. kittie keeps telling me to upgrade like she did, but i love my old ugly i60. *huggs it*

Dave

just about anything based on what i looked at before getting the new cell last year.
i think it is verison that has the new pay as you use plan. i get rollover minutes with mine. at the rate i'm going, at the end of the year i should be able to call the time and just leave the line open for several days.

Inkara1

Spot said:
just about anything based on what i looked at before getting the new cell last year.
i think it is verison that has the new pay as you use plan. i get rollover minutes with mine. at the rate i'm going, at the end of the year i should be able to call the time and just leave the line open for several days.
Cingular can suck my asshole. Yes, the second person on the family talk plan had a lot to do with the $1,000 balance, but their explanation of the plan, their billing practices and the wide variance between minutes used according to their website and actual minutes used all lead me to boycott Cingular. That also means boycotting AT&T Wireless since Cingular bought them.

BlurOfSerenity

my mom wanted me to get the cingular prepaid thing... "your aunt has it, and loves it!" she said.
well, my aunt lives in florida and i live in maryland. the coverage areas are probably different. plus, my aunt undoubtedly has different/lower standards for what makes a cellphone company "good".
around here, everyone told me to avoid cingular at all costs.
i had many friends who endorsed Nextel to me.
plus, the phone my bf gave me is a nextel phone. and i got that for free because it was a gift from him.
because i have no credit, i had to pay a $500 deposit. i mostly did not mind this. i was pretty loaded at the time.
my most recent phone bill was $61.
my bf, whose family no longer uses nextel, scoffed and told me that the bill for my one cellphone equalled that of three cellphones in his house.
but i dont care.
i can afford the payments, and i love the service.
it may be a little high, but so far i've certainly been getting what i've been paying for :)

Inkara1

Nextel is generally regarded as the best cell phone provider if cost is no object. Their average customer pays $20 a month more than the average cell phone customer industrywide, but if you've ever seen their coverage in the Sierra Nevada mountain range (east of Fresno) compared to other carriers' (as in, there's coverage) you'd see why.

Dave

cingulair has been fine for me so far. covers the area we'd most likely travel to by car. rates were reasonable. have had very little trouble with connections being dropped. we arent much for gabbing on the phone. we get to share 600 minutes a month and if we use 100 of those, its a lot.
i liked the nextel phones with the 2 way capability, but couldnt justify paying that much monthly for the amount we use them.

chcr

Too cute for words
Spot said:
cingulair has been fine for me so far. covers the area we'd most likely travel to by car. rates were reasonable. have had very little trouble with connections being dropped. we arent much for gabbing on the phone. we get to share 600 minutes a month and if we use 100 of those, its a lot.
i liked the nextel phones with the 2 way capability, but couldnt justify paying that much monthly for the amount we use them.
We have a similar plan, Spot. Like you say, by the end of the year we'll have so many rollover minutes it'll be ridiculous. Does your hospital make you turn off cell phones in the building? Ash, I guess maybe I need to read my agreement closer. I thought mine was the same for e-mail and internet, but I could be wrong.

Dave

mine is internet capable, but i didnt get that option. e-mail is $0.10 each. e-mail is free with the internet option.

chcr said:
Does your hospital make you turn off cell phones in the building?
they can be left on, but use is discouraged in areas with any type of monitors.
they say using them can interfere with the monitors.

Mirlyn

I use Sprint's Vision for internet on my laptop. I use it all the time for business, so its well worth the $10 a month for me. Sprint has a problem with dropped calls in my room and on campus, but I've yet to find any other provider who can match my current plan.

BlurOfSerenity

mine has this "word" feature that kind of figures out what you're typing as you type it, so you dont have to hit each key however many times to get the letter you want. :D

Dave

mine is supposed to do that to. it never works right. it is horrible.
if you try to type the word "then" you key in the "t" then the "h" after that, it fills in "at" hit the back space once and it goes right back to the "t", then type in the "h" and it fills in the "at" and on and on....