I am such a BAD son

paul_valaru

100% Pure Canadian Beef
So, my mom called tonight, and I am shooting the shit with her, and all of a sudden, it hits me....

"so, uhmm mom, happy birthday"

I totally forgot, she said she was giving me 2 more minutes before reminding me.

/me ducks away before the bolt of lightning comes out of the sky towards Canada :)

You're not a bad son...just a busy and forgetful son.

paul_valaru said:
So, my mom called tonight, and I am shooting the shit with her, and all of a sudden, it hits me....

I totally forgot, she said she was giving me 2 more minutes before reminding me.

So I'm guessing she didn't get a gift, either...:( :D

paul_valaru said:

dude, the least your mother deserves is some love. Don't shoot the shit with her.

paul_valaru said:

You are sooooo outta the will.

The woman called me too, and it was after I got off the phone with her that I remembered. Not up to me to remember anymore though. She never called me for mine either.

You did know that there are myriad PC calendar programs out there, right? Saved my ass more than once. Just be sure to look a few days into the future every morning.

I use birthday alarm myself. Get an email usually a week or so before someone's birthday and then a second reminder a few days before. I used to have to remember everyone's birthdays for Paul and I was his reminder.

Uki Chick said:
I use birthday alarm myself. Get an email usually a week or so before someone's birthday and then a second reminder a few days before. I used to have to remember everyone's birthdays for Paul and I was his reminder.

When you were married that was one of your wifely duties. :D

It's my duty to remember the anniversary (New Year's Eve) and Dara's birthday, it's her responsibility to deal with everyone else's. ;)

I get confused with the birthdays of all the nieces and nephews but never with my parents. I figure I only have two of them, they're the most important birthdays to remember, and it's the least I can do for the people who gave me life.

And the presents are never the run-of-the-mill-last-minute-gift kind of things anymore. Most of the time they're not extremely expensive but rather something that took time, planning, and thought for the person with the birthday. In turn, it makes me feel good when I know I've done something for them that they truly appreciate.

Paul, you should make it up to your Mommy. Why not take her out some afternoon, just the two of you?

Sorry, Prof. I *lost* your entries on the last system crash. You have one lucky break, but other than that, yer on yer own, son. :D

Professur said:
Nooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!! :eek2:

I'm dead.

K, here's a thought.

Seeing as you thrive on digging up old threads, why not just post the dates in a thread here, give it a title you'll be likely to search for, then check it periodically? Heck, we might even send your brother-in-law something for his birthday or sumthin.

Or you could, oh I dunno....

WRITE THEM DOWN SOMEWHERE!

Just trying to be helpful, dude.

SouthernN'Proud said:
K, here's a thought.

Seeing as you thrive on digging up old threads, why not just post the dates in a thread here, give it a title you'll be likely to search for, then check it periodically? Heck, we might even send your brother-in-law something for his birthday or sumthin.

Or you could, oh I dunno....

WRITE THEM DOWN SOMEWHERE!

Just trying to be helpful, dude.

Are you insane? Next you'll be telling me to ask for directions.

allears is looking over your shoulder, isn't she?

Remind me to tell you about the tech we had who "booted" his machine, when directed to by the phone support tech. But not today.

Back