I can't go see Coldplay.

greenfreak

Rusty just called before, said that there's a concert tomorrow at a nearby coliseum starting at 5:30. Here's the lineup:

Starring: AUDIOSLAVE, COLDPLAY, QUEENS OF THE STONE AGE, KELLY & OZZY OSBOURNE, THE VINES, ZWAN with Billy Corgan, Matt Sweeney, David Pajo, Jimmy Chamberlin, & Paz Lenchantin, BOX CAR RACER, JIMMY FALLON & BAND, NEW FOUND GLORY, STONE SOUR & TAPROOT.

But we can't go!! I would have to take time off of work and between the time off and the tickets, we would be shelling out about $200. :eek:

Not only that, the other guy I work with is out today, and probably will be out tomorrow so if I'm not here, there's no one in my department and that's not allowed. The concert is sponsored by a radio station and it's for tomorrow only. Bastards.

This sucks. I really would have liked to see Coldplay and Rusty wanted to see them, Audioslave, Queens, The Vines and Zwan. I know they would put them all on last and that it would have cost too much and we probably would have gotten crappy seats but it still pisses me off. There hasn't been a band that I've wanted to go see in a long time. :mad:

Ok, whining over. :)

I've never heard of them... What are some of their songs? I'm so out of touch with current music, it's not even funny.

AUDIOSLAVE, COLDPLAY, QUEENS OF THE STONE AGE

oh shite, that sucks, if you can't see them...they're great! :(

if it makes you feel any better: i missed the tickets for the foo fighters concert in amsterdam as well :(

:)

Maybe I picked it up from you guys :)

Actually, there's a girl here at work who says that all the time. Along with "wicked good!" and "OH my God" and things like that. She's quite annoying. :D

greenfreak said:
Along with "wicked good!"

"wicked cool" - phrase of the week!

also "fancy a curry?!" as euphamism for wanting to leave the room... but i'm pretty sure that only happens around a very select group of people....

"rock on!": phrase of the month

"sarah, you've got your pants out again!"... again, not needed most places...

"could someone please stub her eyes out with ciggarettes"... saved for that bloody annoying loud mouthed cow shouting stupid stuff all over the squirrels quiz...

i remember saying * wicked (anything)* and *its not even funny*
when i was a teen.

those phrases have been around awhile.

"it's not even funny" is a relatively newish thing around here.

e.g. "oh my god, it's so cold it's not even funny." Doesn't make any sense at all. :D

haven't heard "wicked good" before... :confuse3:

"it's not even funny" used in the context scanty used it has been around here for a few years. Prolly since grade 10 or 11 I'd say so that's 3 or 4 years.

Hmm, being a little older, I can place "Not even funny" at even older than that in Iowa and Missouri, I'd say for at least 15 to 20 years.

*has been saying "that's so _______ it's not even funny" for as long as he can remember-- and that's a long time*

Scanty said:
haven't heard "wicked good" before... :confuse3:

I think it started as a Boston thing years ago, putting 'wicked' in where the word 'very' would usually go. In moderation, not a problem. But when you get an over-exaggerater, it can become painful.:eek:

nambit, the only ones there I've heard before besides wicked cool is 'rock on'... Must be a regional thing. :)

Back