I don't get out much ...

BeardofPants

She is a very talented singer... so unexpected. There's also an opera dude from an earlier season of that tv show who was phenomenal.

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
If I hadn't read what jim said the video being a surprise I would have thought it was a joke.
She sings pretty well, I enjoyed that.

jimpeel

So how many of you were brought to tears by her performance? I confess that I was.

She is so phenomenal; and before this, she was one of society's invisible people because she doesn't have the looks.

By the way, she sings as well a capella as she does with a full orchestra. CLICK HERE and go to the video of the Early Show interview about half way down the page.

IDLEchild

Her movie writes it self. A woman out of some little unheard of town with a voice that puts most pros to shame.

IDLEchild

Her video may also hold a new Youtube record: The first video where the comments didn't break into racial poop slinging or unnerving homophobic commentary right away.

MrBishop

I saw her sing on YT a week or so ago...lovely voice indeed. Maybe she'll go as far as Potts.

What I didn't like was the judge's statements - they basically told her that she surprised them because they were sure she'd be a loser, because of her age and looks..and they thought the audience was feeling the same.

If they'd kept that bit to themselves, it would've been better.

I DESPISE shows like American Idol. I'm content to get my music from streams and Sirius Satellite Radio, but that woman is incredible! Obviously she hasn't got "the look" that seems to be so all important, but a talent like that should be heard and appreciated no matter what else about her isn't the typical cookie cutter "star" type....

I'd heard of her but not heard her yet. Thank you Jim!

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
She didn't win, she got 2nd place... :rolleyes:

Anyway, she didn't even need to win the show, she is known and liked worldwide, more even than the group of dancers that got the 1st place.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Top 3? Probabaly the top 10. I'd think you'd be better off not winning. Then you can negotiate your contract.