I feel like I am in Morocco near the mosque!

markjs

Banned
I do freelance computer building and repair but I also work part time in a small shop locally owned by a guy from Morocco. Well I am in the shop today and the computer in the back room (Ned's personal PC) just started playing Muslim prayers in Farsi. It's kind of bizarre, and I don't dare go back in his office and mess with things. They call him Ned, but his real name is of course, M'Hamed. He is really a great guy and a good boss, and he runs the only honest shop in town. All the other local shops will take you for a ride if they can. But still it's an odd feeling hearing those prayers sung as if from the top of some tower in some mosque.

What's really funny is there is this old man who is a customer who's always joking about when is the shipment of AK47's due. Ned always has some good wisecrack about that.

markjs

Banned
Well I really don't speak it so I dunno, all I know is it was arab Muslim prayers of some sort being sung.

markjs

Banned
I guess he probably faces the computer twords Mecca and let's it take care of bussiness for him when he's otherwise busy with the fast paced American life LOL. :shrug: :retard3:

unclehobart

Farsi= Iran
Dari=Afghanistan
Arabic=Widely spoken
Subdilects of North Africa= Berber, Songhay, Housa, Amharic, Oromo

Each one of those probably has 8-10 subdialects.

Your Moroccan probably had something in Arabic... just to make it easier and more Afro-Asiatic accessible.

unclehobart

800px-Moderniranianlanguagesmap.jpg

Holy hell.. look at the breakdown in the Iran region. There must be 80 languages there.

unclehobart

I wonder if the US dialect map looks the same way.

English: May I please have a Bud Light.

New York Tribal: Hey! Gimmie a Bud Light! You got a problem with that?

South Central LA Clannish: Gimmie a Bud Light, Holmes!