i found myself in oslo

ris

a truly spiritual moment :)

i have been waiting to post this since i spotted it on a map of oslo, i went there on the saturday i was there. the film i took got lost at the developers and now my scanner is playing silly buggers so it seems that fate doesn't want otc to know :D

but, i persevered and now i have the pics to show.

behold: the town of ris, norway :D :D

Attachment(s):

sm-rail-map_red.jpg, 98.60kb

14_1031082189.jpg

ok, as if it knew, ris is a bit of a dump
it has a station, and that's about it :)

Attachment(s):

sm-station-down.jpg, 80.33kb

14_1031082284.jpg

obviously, the station has a sign. apparently i am 121.somthing m.o.h whatever that is :D

Attachment(s):

sm-sign-big.jpg, 106.35kb

14_1031082401.jpg

master of h.

or something like that. IPH, get your ass in here and make a funny comment. I can't do it

it also has a road, following the line of the rail back to oslo:

Attachment(s):

sm-road-down.jpg, 55.52kb

14_1031082594.jpg

sadly, no welcome sign, and thankfully no-one trying to enter me D D

it also has a street, inventively named 'risveien' [loose translation 'ris street'] incredibly inventive people there, obviously D

Attachment(s):

sm-risveien.jpg, 64.50kb

14_1031082819.jpg

ris is only a town or even a village. its about 5 miles from oslo.

and finally, before you all fall asleep with the boredom [be thankful, i was the poor bastard who had to visit it :D], there is one of ris's 2 churches. i think the road that goes round the corner goes down toward the town, i went down it a way but found nothing so gave up.

when i got back to oslo centre it showed that road went to something, but it didn't look that intersting and i couldn't be arsed to go back :D

as for moh, lastlegionary, your guess is as good as mine!

Attachment(s):

sm-church-left.jpg, 65.04kb

14_1031083076.jpg

MOH means Man On Horseback...In the case of the sign, it means 121.3 Men On Horseback. Evidently Ris was only 1/3 of the way on...or in... :D

true, but then did this place have to be so damn dull, not even a souvenier place selling erasors or postcards. no welcome party for me when i got there, i was not impressed.

i was thinking about moving there if i got a job in norway, but i ain't getting a job there, or finland. or denmark for that matter. damn recession sucks donkey balls. :(

Back