I got The Two Towers DVD

I've had it since this past Friday... have a friend who works in a video store and he kinda gets em for me... umm yeah he "gets em" for me

Great, i know i could have gotten it before but I was too busy doing other stuff to care about getting a movie :D

I've had a slightly "illegal" copy since the movie was at the cinema :blush:

Gonna wait for the extended edition before I part with my money for another copy.

:eek: It's out?! :D I've gotta wait for the extended version to go with the "Fellowship" extended ... but ... :D IT's out?! :D

Here goes a cover shot of the widescreen version of the regular LOTR: TT DVD

twotowerswidescreen.jpg

Gonz said:
*hanging head in proud shame*

awaiting the Tuesday Aug 26 release :alienhuh:

Several stores are selling it right now, the offending store where I bought it is Blockbuster :lol:

btw, the disc is Region 1 and 4, so it'll probably be the same dvd you guys will get.

Both are really really nice, i've seen like 10 minutes of the film, the image is cristal and the sound is great.

I bought the dvd just to see the rotk preview, i'll watch the whole movie later :D

:tomato: heathen! I'd buy it purely to see smiegol. I think for me he is the character I connect with most in it because I see his pain an torment and then how he overcomes the Gollum side of things....

bleach said:
I've had a slightly "illegal" copy since the movie was at the cinema :blush:

Gonna wait for the extended edition before I part with my money for another copy.
I wonder if that's the same as mine? I'm waiting for the extended version too.

When I've got all 3 we're having an all day LOTR fest! :D

Did any of you read the book? I liked the movie a bit but all the deviations from the book really pissed me off....When you have a perfect story why fuck with it?

In any case if you haven't please read the book....If you can get past the first 100 pages it is truly in my mind the finest fantasy story ever told.

markjs said:
Did any of you read the book? I liked the movie a bit but all the deviations from the book really pissed me off....When you have a perfect story why fuck with it?

In any case if you haven't please read the book....If you can get past the first 100 pages it is truly in my mind the finest fantasy story ever told.

I read them, and I agree that some changes suck, like Faramir taking Frodo and Sam to Osgiliath. My guess is that the ring wrath will tell "Sauron" that a hobbit in Osgiliath has the ring, thus justifying the war against Gondor, i came to this because in some trailer MErry tells to Pipin "he believes you have the ring". Also by taking Frodo to Osgiliath and releasing him there they avoided telling the story from the Black Gate to Minas Morgul.

It is still a very good movie, thou.

i luv LOTR

I've read the books and seen the movies

oh legolas.......u can poke me wit an arrow anyday

i agree it is the best fantasy book of all time

markjs said:

books are always better than movies. movies cant live upto the books

Back