I just ate a bowl of leaves

HeXp£Øi±

I guess they call them salads. I'm trying to focus on eating better. Note i said better not less. I was looking at my diet and i can't believe the amount of carbohydrates i intake so i'm doing the following, Changing from high carb cereals to corn flakes and special K(half the carbs), changing from 12 grain to dill rye bread(half the carbs) and canning my habit of condensed milk in my cereal changing to 1% milk. I figure this way i can eat the same amount and literally cut my carb intake in half! I'm also trying to eat lighter in the morning which is why i had this salad for breakfast. I tried the salad for dinner but after two large bowls i gave up and had a bowl of cereal at 10:00pm. The salad was pretty good with some turkey and shrimp thrown in. We'll see how this goes.

Salad for BREAKFAST? Atleast make it a fruit salad...

/me can't see how someone can eat salad for breakfast

HeXp£Øi± said:
I'm also trying to eat lighter in the morning

It seems that eating more in the AM & lessening each progressive meal would work better. Large breakfast, mid-size lunch & small dinner...that way your calories are used up throughout the day. :shrug:

* of course, I don't practice what I preach :D

* can't fathom salad for breakfast either :sick:

good plan though, too many carbs and one attains the dreaded "grapefruit butt syndrome"

i wouldn't have any problem with that... i just can't stand heavy meals in the morning, so a bowl of leaves would be ok :)

i even eat rice in the morning if it's in the fridge.... go ask yourself, what is time? :) :shrug:

Actually they say heavy meals in the morning make you tired because it takes so much energy to digest the food. I hate feeling tired at 3:00pm when there's things i need to be doing.
The salad thing went pretty well this morning. I think i'll try to make it a habit. I get my fruit in the late evening by the way with fruit in my cereal. My eating habits do tend to be rather odd though.

It's the number of calories you eat in a 24hr period that counts, plus the proportion of fat-carb-protein. 30% or less fat, 55% carb and the rest protein. Complex carbohydrates such as whole grains and fruit, rather than sugar and refined breads/cereals will make you feel full for longer. You'd be better eating a highbran breakfast cereal with fresh fruit(strawberries or bananas are good) and semi or skimmed milk than cornflakes. And snack in between meals on fruit such as apples and pears.

I thought about bran cereals but i checked them out and most the bran cereals have twice the carbs as corn flakes. If i simply had one serving that might be one thing but my nightly bowl of cereal is huuuuge!

Yeah, but those bran cereals come out faster than they go in. I exercise (didn't for a long while though). Started just after the first of the year, and have lost 15 pounds so far. More importantly, I've dropped two pants sizes (two more to get into my leathers) and I feel great.

HeXp£Øi± said:
Actually they say heavy meals in the morning make you tired because it takes so much energy to digest the food.

That makes sense :shrug:

That's why when I was lifting weights in the early AM before school when I was wrestling, the weight guy told me not to eat breakfast before lifting.

Ugh! Give me a nice big mixed leaf salad anyday over soup. Just don't add tomatoes, cucumber, or sweetcorn and I'll be fine, they do terrible things to my gut!

And while we're complaining... so do oranges, grapefruit, melon, strawberries, raspberries, blackberries, blackcurrants, redcurrants, mango, pineapple, grapes, peas, squash and some ligumes and wheat... you know since I'm about 70% vegetarian I'm beginning to wonder if life is actually worth living when the only safe fruit seems to be apples, pears and bananas.... I'm just hoping I'll be alright with peaches, nectarines and apricots, though I guess plums are off the menu as well. :mope:

Back