I just ordered a router with 4 port 10/100 switch

I was looking at belkin, netgear and D-Link as well, but decided to go with this one because of the recommendations, many of which were from people with ntl and blueyonder cable modems like mine.

I'm probably going to upgrade my manual kvm to their Proconnect Integrated - Kvm 2-port Switch as well. But I'll wait a couple of weeks before I do that. :D

Luis G said:

:thumbup: to Linksys as well. I've had a few problems with Linksys (mainly overheating), but nowhere near the degree I've had with Netgear and DLink. All three of my switches are Linksys.

One more happy with Linksys.

Aunty said:
after reading 27 testimonials from people all saying how easy it is

As long as the router knows what it's doing :D

linksys is good.... but routers are a pain to set up with games that are online. Like EverQuest UT2k3 and such they need certain ports open

as far as consumer grade gear goes it's not bad, especially for the price. but the saying you get what you pay for holds true in network gear too.

I've had this D-Link 704 for close to three years, maybe longer now, and it has never given me any probs. Runs real nice actually. The POS DSL modem from Verizon on the other hand.....

PostCode said:
I've had this D-Link 704 for close to three years, maybe longer now, and it has never given me any probs. Runs real nice actually. The POS DSL modem from Verizon on the other hand.....
i've had a dlink switch for just over three years that keeps on ticking, no complaints. i've noticed it gets really warm under high loads though.

Where mine sits, it's out of the way of eveything. The switch that hangs from the network cables plugged into (that's actually what holds it up too) does get kinda warm sometimes and absolutely hates it whe you fuck with the network. Any changes to ips and stuff and that thing gets all pissy.

Oricon said:
linksys is good.... but routers are a pain to set up with games that are online. Like EverQuest UT2k3 and such they need certain ports open
It's a good job I don't play many games then apart from KoC and Vampires... :D

PostCode said:
Any changes to ips and stuff and that thing gets all pissy.
I know from recent experience when I was connecting my modem via ethernet card that my IP uses dynamic addressing and that's what my comps are set up for... I don't know if that makes a difference, but the techs have always been very helpful on those kind of things so if I run into trouble I'm sure they will help...

Back