I just reduced the size of my inbox by 64%

fury

Administrator
Staff member
I'm now down from 1847 to 659 total emails in my inbox, after deleting all of my PM, database error, and thread notifications. I had more of those than I had spam. :tardbang:

I rarely delete... this is one of the most massive delete operations I've gone through. It took a whole 2 seconds for Outlook to close because of all the messages it had to delete. :tardbang:

917 emails in my inbox right now, only 8 unread.

[attachment]188296[/attachment]

I only have 37 items in my work email inbox because I move them to all my personal folders. My personal folders are 42 mb and each of my archive folders are at least 60mb each. :D

Outlook archiving keeps popping up on me every few days. It never moves any messages to any archives and it won't stop asking me either.

:eyemouth:

[attachment]http://www.otcentral.com/forum/attachment.php?s=&postid=188374[/attachment]

I never noticed it was that many until today. Not really much/any spam in there either... it's all correspondence and invoices/orders going back to late '00. =\

just emptied my otc cache the other day, ~4000 messages, but they just got moved into the trash folder that i never empty (might need something out of there someday. across the folders for my other various lists i prolly have 6-7000 messages sitting around. speaking of which, my inbox has 120 messages sitting in it that i constantly ignore, maybe it's time to read through all the jokes n stuff

I have a filter on that deletes things beginning with "FW:"

It's nice. Anyone who really wants me to read something will print it out or change the subject.

Down to 176 now that I separated all the new user notifications for OTC and Xi into separate folders, and cleared out some more spam. :beerbang:

Back