I killer trip(for the last time)

HeXp£Øi±

Well that was fun. But there was something i'd forgotten before i started this trip...i hate long drives!
The rain followed us all the way to Anchorage making for the absolute worst driving conditions imaginable on the way north fron Seward. The road was already covered with a thick sheet of ice as it normally is this time of year but 33 degree rain catastropically compounded the already horrid driving conditions. At one point i found myself coming down a mountain pass at about 45mph(way to fast) and catching up to a caravan of three large trucks. When i came within about 50 meters of the last truck i attempted to slow down but having no studs(just snow tires) my wheels instead simply locked up and i continued to accelerate towards the trucks. I started slowly pumping the brakes while attempting to ignore leahs screams in my ear to slow down. the tires caught but it wasn't enough, luckily the guy in front of me saw me coming and with the help of chains managed to pull into the opposing lane saving the both of us from a nasty cliffside collision. By far the worst driving conditions i have ever seen. In my first few days in Anchorage four people were killed on those roads. On the positive side i just missed 80mph winds in Ketchikan(a lot for that area) and 8 feet of snow in Valdez. The trip through Denali park was just amazing though. not a soul to be seen for miles and completely surrounded by towering mountains for 360 degrees. It was in fact so empty that i was free to leave my signiture along the roadside on more than one occasion. On the whole it was a trip i will not soon forget, nor shall i attempt it again any time soon.

Sounds like fun. By the way, this is the 21st century & airplanes have improved a lot over the last 6 decades:D

Back