I know this is a long shot, but...

SO!

I went out to Radio Shack and bought a 16 piece Jewelers screwdriver set this afternoon, confident that if I took off every fucking screw on the damn thing, that I could pop the frame off.

So I got home and set to work. Got about 25 screws off, removed this stupid heat vent thing, removed a couple of hinges and the hard drive... Still couldn't get it off. I spent about 10 minutes looking here and there with the flashlight, just KNOWING I'm overlooking something.

Then I saw it.

A tiny little sliver beween the keboard and the frame. And I looked and there was another one on the other side. I took a tiny screwdriver and tried to press it in. And it retracted!! It was spring loaded and it caught when it retracted! So I did the same to the other one and I popped the keyboard right off!! :clap:

After all that. I didn't need to remove ANY screws to do this. So I replaced the keyboard and put Humpty Dumpty back together again and it actually worked.

I'm going to grab my camera and take a picture of it and post it on my website somewhere just cus I don't want anyone else going through this.

Thanks again for your help guys. :D

PuterTutor said:
I seriously think a person could make a living repairing pc's using nothing more that two screwdrivers and google.
Google and DriverGuide, man... Can't forget DriverGuide. ;)

Yeah driverguide is awesome too. I use a hell of a lot of KB's and forums also. MS, Citrix, HP, Dell, Adobe...

Rusty and I were talking about this the other day, the vast differences between some company's sites and others. Dell's site is chock full of information and help, whereas Sony's website blows goats. HP versus Canon, no contest. Pitney Bowes doesn't even have drivers on their website!! :grumpy:

Dell doesn't have as much info as it does now when you get back into the stone ages. Then again, what company can really keep a database of all their past and present products in the first place? Some companies forgot they ever even made Pentium systems, and you go look at Dell.com and you can find info on even their 808x systems.

Back