I love my toast

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]All around the country and coast to coast
People always say, "what do you like most?"
I don’t want to brag, I don’t want to boast
I always tell ‘em, "I like toast."
YEAH, TOAST!!
YEAH, TOAST!!
[/font] [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I get up in the morning ‘bout six A.M.
Have a little jelly, have a little jam
Take a piece of bread, put it in the slot
Push down the lever and the wires get hot,
I get toast.
YEAH, TOAST!
YEAH, TOAST!
[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Now, there’s no secret to toasting perfection
There’s a dial on the side and you make your selection
Push to the dark or the light and then
If it pops too soon, press down again
Make toast.
YEAH, TOAST!
YEAH, TOAST!
[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]When the first caveman drove in from the drags
Didn’t know what would go with the bacon and the eggs
Must have met a genius, got it in his head
Plug the toaster in the wall, buy a bag of bread
Make toast.
YEAH, TOAST!
YEAH, TOAST!
[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Oui Monsieur, bonjour coquette,
Une croissant? Et vous auvent?
Maurice Chevalier, Eiffel Tower,
Oui Marie, baguette, bonsoir!
FRENCH TOAST!
FRENCH TOAST!
[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]TOAST!! [/font]

SouthernN'Proud said:
Heywood Banks rules.

Yes, prof, there is better than waking up to the smell of toast. And you know it. :la:

That's a bad place for a scalding cup of coffee, SnP. :D :lol2:

Not a big fan of toast, myself. I just have my coffee and maybe a bowl of Cocoa Krispies.

But two days ago, I had breakfast at a cafe in Manhattan and had a belgian waffle with mango, strawberry, pineapple and grape, Vermont maple syrup and real whipped cream flavored with cinnamon.

Can you say YUMMY?!

Gimme a good ol artery cloggin' country breakfast any day.

Eggs, (limp) bacon, sausage, biscuits and sausage gravy, fried taters, sliced t'maters, and if I'm really hungry a bowl of oatmeal with it. And a Coke.

SouthernN'Proud said:

Eggs, (limp) bacon, sausage, biscuits and sausage gravy, fried taters, sliced t'maters, and if I'm really hungry a bowl of oatmeal with it. And a Coke.

You lost me with the bacon...Bacon should be firm. Limp is no good, because it's hard to eat with your fingers, and crispy is no good because it's hard on the teeth. Firm, OTOH, is perfect. Stands up in your hand, and is easy on the teeth. :grinyes:

SouthernN'Proud said:

Now, Ah bleev Ah'm gonna hafta see yur suthuhnuh card son. I cain't fer the lahf o' me find no grits nowhar on that list. Doan git me wrong, it's a sho'nuff fahn breckfast, but shorely y'all cain't git through the day 'thout some grits?

Ah read me a book oncet on how t' speak suthuhn. ;)

BTW SnP, I'm with you on the coke too, but what flavor coke do you like.

Nixy said:
Coke is coke...what is this about flavour?

Sorry young lady, in the south if it's sweet, fizzy and doesn't have alcohol it's a coke, even if it's orange (which nothing rhymes with, I'm told) or purple.

As in: "Y'all pass me one o' them orange cokes, Bobby Sue."
:D

greenfreak said:
But two days ago, I had breakfast at a cafe in Manhattan and had a belgian waffle with mango, strawberry, pineapple and grape, Vermont maple syrup and real whipped cream flavored with cinnamon.

Can you say YUMMY?!

YUMMY!!

2 cups of tea and a bacon and fried egg sandwich. Coke for breakfast? Pancakes are the bestest smell.

Back