I love my toast

Professur said:
Is there anything better than waking up to the smell of fresh toast in the morning?

YES! The fresh smell and taste of the 1st two cups of coffee. :D

chcr said:
Sorry young lady, in the south if it's sweet, fizzy and doesn't have alcohol it's a coke, even if it's orange (which nothing rhymes with, I'm told) or purple.

As in: "Y'all pass me one o' them orange cokes, Bobby Sue."
:D

Perzactly. In Dixie, at least in the real Dixie, if you tell the waitress you want a Coke, she will ask you what kind. Get used to it. It ain't pop, it ain't soda, it ain't soft drink, it's a Coke. Even if it's a Pepsi. It is not uncommon to hear them referred to as "dopes" either, as in "Y'all, somebody fotch me one o' them black dopes."

Oh, and chcr, I prefer Coke. Or Mountain Dew in a pinch.

Grits are optional for me with breakfast. I can eat them, but on the whole I'd rather have oatmeal. But for the love of all things holy, do NOT offer me Cream of Wheat. I will hurt you. Badly. If it's warm and in a bowl before 10AM, it better be oats or grits.

SouthernN'Proud said:
Perzactly. In Dixie, at least in the real Dixie, if you tell the waitress you want a Coke, she will ask you what kind. Get used to it. It ain't pop, it ain't soda, it ain't soft drink, it's a Coke. Even if it's a Pepsi. It is not uncommon to hear them referred to as "dopes" either, as in "Y'all, somebody fotch me one o' them black dopes."

Oh, and chcr, I prefer Coke. Or Mountain Dew in a pinch.

Grits are optional for me with breakfast. I can eat them, but on the whole I'd rather have oatmeal. But for the love of all things holy, do NOT offer me Cream of Wheat. I will hurt you. Badly. If it's warm and in a bowl before 10AM, it better be oats or grits.
Haven't heard 'em called "dopes."

I do know if you go out for breakfast anywhere around here and you don't want grits, you'd better say so up front. I like mine with salt pepper and butter, sometimes with sausage gravy (gotta be in the mood) or, if I have a sweet tooth going on, a little strawberry jam.

They're good with maple syrup too, but that's a mixed metaphor. :D

i've had people point at their plate and go "what's that?". i try not to act too indignant....poor yankees just need reeducation.
another thing about the south is if you tell the waitress you want tea you'd better be prepared for it to come sweet as syrup and on ice.

tonksy said:
i've had people point at their plate and go "what's that?". i try not to act too indignant....poor yankees just need reeducation.

:D

tonksy said:
another thing about the south is if you tell the waitress you want tea you'd better be prepared for it to come sweet as syrup and on ice

There are other ways to drink tea?

I'm just south enough here where most restaurants have both sweet and unsweet tea. When I went to Arkansas I forgot to ask for unsweet and they brought me this brown, sticky, stuff that kind of had a tea taste.

the WH uses 2.5 lbs of sugar in a standard restaurant urn :D...strangely enough i'm not a huge fan of the stuff.

Waking up to the smell of a cup of Hot Chai and breakfast being brought to me in bed.

That's much better. :D

Now I just gotta hire someone to do that.

Back